Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computer w/ rear wheel speed sensor
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a computer with a rear wheel speed sensor so I can have speed and cadence info while riding on the trainer. I have a Polar S710, but even when I move the jumper on the speed tranmitter I can't get it to work because I'm not mounting the watch on the base bar, but rather on the computer mount on my Syntace C2's so its out of range. I don't mind if it's not wireless. I'm looking for something with speed and cadence.

I've considered getting the power output kit for the polar, which would give me what I need, but all the reviews I've read so far indicate that it's a bear to install and have work accurately, so I'm reluctant to go this route. Has anyone been able to get this contraption to work accurately?
Quote Reply
Re: Computer w/ rear wheel speed sensor [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Performance Axiom 8.0c. Around $25 bucks, does cadence and rear-wheel speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Double check, but I think the Cateye Astrale has what you're looking for.

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars, the rest I just squandered" -George Best
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the astrale. it has cadence and a rear wheel sensor with wires for $49. my friend just got the ciclosport 414m which has the same plus altimeter and downloadable memory for i think $200. On both there is the possibility of knocking the sensor with your heel if you miss clipping in to your pedal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in the same boat... I have an older polar set up and I can not get the speed to work from the rear wheel to a syntace aero bar. The cadence works fin... but just a couple inches away... the speed does not. I am told it is because the broadcast pattern is eliptical so as to not interfre with riders on wither side... but on my KM40 I can not get it to mount in the correct orientation. I am going to mount a front wheel, speed only computer along side the polar. This will not work on the trainer - but I ride my road bike if I have to ride inside.

I have a cateye astrale on the road bike and it works extremely well and is ver affordable... good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sigma.
Quote Reply
Re: Computer w/ rear wheel speed sensor [MS.kansan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK- I went to the LBS at lunch, all excited about picking up an Astrale and solving all my problems (or at least the current problem of not having a speed reading while riding on the trainer). Turns out the old Astrale did, in fact, have this capability but in their infinite wisdom Cateye have eliminated this feature from the Astrale 8. You now have to order a special wiring harness to do this (which the LBS did not have, of course).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about one of the cordless models?
Quote Reply
Re: Computer w/ rear wheel speed sensor [stretch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm currently using a Specialized Speedzone Pro Classic and a Polar S710, and neither of the wireless speed transmitters have enough range to reach the computer when I mount in on the Syntace aerobar computer mount. Has anyone come across any wireless speed transmitter that can reach that far?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anyone tried the ciclosport 434 in this configuration?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think Power-Tap. :)

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Computer w/ rear wheel speed sensor [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the pro version out yet? That what I really want.. but can't find a retialier that carries it.
Quote Reply
Re: Computer w/ rear wheel speed sensor [stretch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd email Graber on that one, but I seem to recall an April release date.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply