Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Neck Injury
Quote | Reply
So today at school my friends and I were sitting, and this kid jumped on my back. I tried to get him off, but he slid forward (so he almost fell), so I moved my back/neck in the opposite direction and then I heard a knack, and since then I can really move my neck.

We went to a hospital and they took like five X-rays, but they can't be 100% sure I didn't dislocate a vertabre because I couldn't move my head to the center of the x-ray machine thing.

Either way I should be back training by the end of next week (I got a big competition in 5 weeks).

Just thought I'd share.
Quote Reply
Re: Neck Injury [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure some more qualified people on this forum, either physicians or chiros (I think cerveloguy is a chiro?) will answer better, but my guess is that it is wiser to err on the cautious side and not rush in if there is still some neck pain next week...

better miss one competition (even a big one) than a full season or more. Talking from experience. I tried to train and race 1.5 season with an achille injury until a partial tear told me to stop...
Quote Reply
Re: Neck Injury [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's impossible to give a diagnosis over the net but this is obviously some sort of an acute sprain/strain mechanism to your neck. This kind of injury would affect your range of motion as you've described it. It's highly unlikely that a dislocation, fracture or other traumatic pathology would have occured. Certainly the radiologist would have picked anything unusual up when reading your x-rays at the hospital.

Without getting into any technical details, this is the sort of thing that chiropractors are generally quite effective with. There's probably not much your family physician would do for this except perscribe an anti-inflammatory.

Don't try training until your neck feels better. You make it worse.
Quote Reply
Re: Neck Injury [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woa sorry about not posting, the doctor gave me some Moscolar (or something liek that) and 1 mg of Valium and that knocked me out pretty good (I haven't slept this good in a wwwwhile).

I am feeling a lot better now, because yesterday the pain radiated down to my higherback/top of shoulder, and now it doesn't.

But again, they aren't sure if it is a dislocation or not since my head was slighted tilted. Maybe when I go back Sunday they'll take another one.

My team had a 3 hour mountain bike ride this morning, and I was expecting this sooooooo much. Atleast I let my friend borrow my bike cuz his was stolen, so atleast someone got something out of this.
Quote Reply