Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need new running shorts! Any suggestions?
Quote | Reply
Today it was just warm enough to run in shorts ... so I did. But I realized that I don't have any running shorts, other than tri-shorts and rowing trous that are now doubling as all-purpose workout shorts. I'd like to find some running shorts that (1) aren't too long; (2) don't ride up; and (3) don't have that bubble silhouette.

I'm thinking about trying the DeSoto Bella shorts, but I didn't like the Tuesday Run shorts, so maybe that's not the way to go ... Any suggestions?

Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: Need new running shorts! Any suggestions? [csb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Movin Comforts shorts and almost everything else lately, and your talking to someone that has all sorts of running brand apparel. Desoto I don't like their running stuff so much. It chafes, and just isn't soft, and definitely doesn't feel soft after more than 4 miles. I do love their tri bike/running shorts tho.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Nike and Adidas shorts - the ones that are wicked short and "split" on the sides. I don't know what they're called though. But they don't ride up or "bubble"!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have about every color of the DeSoto running shorts and love them. I've worn them in a 6-hour track running race and a 50K run and had no issues with them.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Need new running shorts! Any suggestions? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
    I love Sugoi 42 K for distance because they have rear gel pockets, made of soft fabric, feminine colors, wash well, fit great. I also like BOA for their different prints.

member CupCake Cartel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've gotten a couple of pairs from Target's Champion/C9 line. I don't remember which kinds I have, but they had a pretty good variety of cuts to choose from and were VERY reasonably priced.

P.S. I'm jealous of the phrase "warm enough to run in shorts." I probably won't be uttering that one any time soon. Right now, I'm happy that it's been warm enough to run in a pair of capri-length tights instead of heavy winter running pants. :-D

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brooks Epiphany Short

Extremely comfortable - and also flattering. No Bubble Effect.

These are 'short shorts.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, all, for the suggestions thus far! Keep 'em coming!

I think I'm going to try the Brooks shorts first. I had a pair of Brooks shorts that I picked up at an Eagleman expo a few years back, but they discontinued them shortly thereafter. I was so broken-hearted! Since then, I haven't had good luck with Brooks, but it's been a couple of years since I threw my hands up and moved on. So thanks for that suggestion! If those don't work, I'll give the Bella shorts a try.

I don't know why this is so difficult. It's like finding a good pair of women's (womens') bibs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work at a Fleet Feet Sports and have tried may running shorts and my favorite are the Nike Tempo Run shorts. They are low waisted and don't make you look like you have a "load" in your pants. They don't work well for someone with large thighs

amt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know they are not shorts...but I LOVE the skirts on http://www.skirtsports.com/

I ran the marathon in IM Moo in my skirt, loved it.

Heather Sweet
http://thesweetsadventure.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Need new running shorts! Any suggestions? [hj-rockstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the skirts, but I wear runningskirts.com.

It gives me a change up from shorts, plus they're cute, and comfortable!

I wear these too, they're Brooks Ephiphany (like was said from another forumite)

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: Need new running shorts! Any suggestions? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, dunno what it is, most of the De Soto stuff I really love. I'm not very big in the thighs either, so whatever. Maybe I just buy 2 seasons behind and I got em when they weren't softer fabric. I do love the pockets they put in em tho. Very, very handy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hesitantly ordered a pair of skirt sports running shorts. I thought they were very cute, but questioned the functionality of them. Love them, love them. The most comfortable shorts I've ever run in.
Quote Reply
Re: Need new running shorts! Any suggestions? [hj-rockstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the skirts too. You can stuff the side pockets without looking like you're saddlebagged. the skirt sort of covers that.

Otherwise, I like the Nike Tempo short or anything else I find in the sale bin. I 've found some nice Brooks and SheBeest shorts that have a back zip pocket, perfect for a credit card and key.
Quote Reply
Re: Need new running shorts! Any suggestions? [WeRide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My fave shorts are from Hind. They are whisper light and very comfy, and the brief is comfy too. Plenty of room in the legs, and I don't think they look like a bubble. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i wear nike and adidas spandex shorts, that are just a tiny bit shorter than my bike shorts. i've never liked regular running shorts.

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Re: Need new running shorts! Any suggestions? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the Hind recommendation. I have bought 6-7 pairs this year. They are fabulous. I wear the low-rise PE short. The only thing is I think that Hind may be in the process of being bought out or something similar. Their website has not been updated in a long time and it is just 1 page saying see their dealers for products, whereas before it showed all their products. I was able to pick up a few pairs for 9.99 at the 9.99 both at the Houston Marathon expo in January though - that was nice!

I used to like the Nike Tempo shorts - the first years they were out, but I like the cut less and less as they change them each year now.

Quote | Reply
My favorite shorts are New Balance. The best feature is that they have a smooth waistband instead of that bunched fabric, which tends to chafe on long runs (edit: they call it "Phantom Waistband"). They do tend to ride a little lower, which I like, but I make sure to wear a longer shirt so there's not a lot of skin showing (personal preference). Then again, these are the shorts I would wear if I were to run in a short top/sports bra since they do not "pinch" at the hips. Not too pricey either.

I believe it's the Saba style: found them here http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/...;shoeLast=&price=

Training for: Barb's Race HIM 8.2.08
Last edited by: quigley: Mar 6, 08 10:22
Quote Reply
Re: Need new running shorts! Any suggestions? [quigley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like RaceReady. Their prices are very good and their stuff lasts. I'm particularly fond of their compression shorts. They have a gusset that goes all the way up and down the inside of the leg, so there's no inside seam to rub.
Quote Reply