Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My off topic posts.
Quote | Reply
Come on guys. Name calling? Threats?

I for one consider you ALL my friends, no matter where you live (cough...even France...cough). I know for a fact that we all have one thing in common...the love a Tri, and that by default...the desire to overcome and do something that most people only dream of. That "thing" is succeeding. All to often in this world people sit back and watch. Your stereotypical football fan does not even once go out and play catch with his buddies...let alone put on a helmet and play for real. We all are here for the love of a sport, the love of a lifestyle and the desire to over come.

Let there be no question...that if I was in a race, against you and you faltered...I would stop and help you up. I would try to be the keystone that holds you together. THAT my friends are what Tri brings to me (I did not get any feeling of over all desire for all to succeed as a USCF racer). I would give you my spare tube, my spare wheel and even my spare bikes....you know why? Not because I am a philanthropist...but because the people of Tri have given to me.

A stranger at IMLP 1999 gave me his spare tire so I could finish the race. I have no idea who he was, however I try to thank him every time I see another person in a race or training ride in need. I carry spare tires and CO2 in my cars...in case I see a person walking a flat. And I have had Tri people in cars stop to help me when I was walking a busted up Shamal.

The people of Triathlon love each other...we have a bond. At any IM race week we all know that the bracelet that they put on you is your bond to all the other people that are there that all know what you have done to try and get there to that race on that day. They all know that if you have prepared, you will all be announced as the "Next Winner" at that finish line.

We all, though we come from socio-economic differently, politically different, even from different countries are all friends and need to keep things that way in the chats...the only reason that I post my political feelings and will read all of yours is that I respect all of your opinions, and with any luck you will show me when I am wrong. You are my family, you are who I trust.

Recently I was diagnosed with a disease that will kill me sooner than later. I have come to appreciate people more than I have ever before in my life. It has caused me to love with greater intensity than ever before - it has also created more hatred for the things that bother me in life. Knowing that you have an expiration date stamped to your ass changes allot of things in life...but one thing I know...

god damn I love playing IronMan...and I know for certain that as I weaken, as I find it harder to get to that finish line...I know...for a fact, that perfect strangers will comfort me, and they will get me to mile 140.6 and I will run across that line with my friends from all over the world.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: My off topic posts. [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see your point. However, this is not what transpired in your very first post on the matter a few days ago, where all the french products had to be boycotted.

Check my answer to Gary on the thread addressed to you, slick, gary by andrew. I entirely agree that you can (and should if this goes against your beliefs) disagree with whoever's politics. However, you cannot make an amalgame with a Gov. and the people in this country as you have done by saying let's boycott all the french stuff.

My understanding is that the military are not going to Iraq considering all iraqis like SH? So why would you blame the french for the gov's actions? I am far from pro french but the general attitude that I have perceived makes me stand up...

I think Bush is an idiot. it's my right. However, I do not consider all americans idiots because of the president's decision.

There are lots of people on this planet. lots of different ideas and the exchange of ideas make life so interesting (as long as people can express their ideas with a minimum of courtesy...). Whether they are muslim, jewish, catholics, democrats, republicans, french, belgians, etc...

one thing is sure: the planet is not that big, we have a ton of SH*T to destroy it, and if they are so many angry people who cannot express their ideas without feeling an urge to kill someone, we will destroy it (btw, has anyone noticed that a bill may pass on digging oil in a wildlife park in Alaska...now that's smart....pass this when everyone is focused on war...)

In any case, we'll see if record9ti likes the french when Lance loses the tour to a french...(now that one was funny...maybe that will happen if Lance forgets his front wheel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about your disease. We ALL have a disease that will kill us, sooner or later, and it has a name: TIME. Maybe if people were more cognizant of this certainty, we would all be better off. Sometimes it is a benefit to know your fate, sometimes it's a burden, but, we all have the same end as far as our life here on earth. Enjoy Life for the time you have...good advice for us all.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hang in there Record9. I would be happy to help you out in LP this year, except you will be three hours ahead of me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I learned a long time ago (Highschool Debate) that you can alter someones opinion by never saying "You Are A"...that is what I wish was the case here. I think one thing about Iraq. Others think another thing...However I do not think that it is proper for us to say to eachother :

"You Are A (an)" :

Idiot

Moron

Jerk

Stupid

and on and on...

Now..."I think"

Bush is right

The UN stinks

France is way off base...but I know for a FACT that is not the fault of any person on any chat I have ever been in. And as a note, I do not at all think that France is wrong in not supporting force...I think that it was wrong for them to say "We will never ever no matter what support force" (or something almost exactly like that".

Iraq will be better off

Other nations in the area of Iraq will see that this is a good thing, long term...but it may take a few months. (just look at post Taliban Afganistan!)

Be nice guys...tell us what YOU think...not what you think WE are. THAT is how you can change our views.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply