Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey NYC guys
Quote | Reply
Just a thought, since weather is starting to change, any thought about meeting up for group rides on Saturday out of the city. Dont know if you are already doing group rides. I currently train with a few people, avg. about 19-20 mph...Going this Saturday...
Quote Reply
Re: Hey NYC guys [SByers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be interested, and may have a few more of my friends join. I might get dropped if you guys avg 20mph depending on how I'm feeling on the day, but I'd be up for trying.

Not sure if I can make this Sat yet, but post the details and I'll see.

Or you can e-mail me off list.

Thanks

Russ
Quote Reply
Re: Hey NYC guys [RJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Russ, heres the info.

My coach (Neil Cook) organizes group rides on weekends (sometimes Sat., Sometimes Sunday). Riders of all different abilities. so I dont think there is any worry about getting dropped. usually only get a handful of people though (started this winter, when nobody wanted to be outside).

We are meeting this Saturday, the 22nd, at Loeb boathouse in Central Park at 8. usually leave promptly. definitely welcome, your friends too.

Ill send you the newsletter my coach sends out (if anyone else wants it too, let me know)
Quote Reply
Re: Hey NYC guys [RJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would join as well. aduncan5_sbr@yahoo.com

Out of town this Sat, though.

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm definitely interested. Are tri-bikes permitted on the group rides? Can you contact me through this forum?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey NYC guys [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri bikes are definitely permitted. These are mostly triathletes (although most are on road bikes by default) This is the first weekend Im getting on my tri bike (bullhorns) cant wait!!!

by the way, my mobile number is 516 241 6121, in case you guys need it for anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm waiting for my tri bike to show up this week, if not, which is likely, I may join you all the following weekend. Is there any way you can contact us (me) via email? Or should I just call your mobile as next week approaches?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey NYC guys [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know what, Ill have my coach put you guys on his email list, which he uses to send out his newsletters etc. Just in case I dont make it to a workout, you can still know whats going on...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
know about this week , bike is in shop for tune up, byt put me on the list.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey NYC guys [michaelg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any of you guys/gals doing the march madness du in c. park on the 30th? i've never done it or any race in cp b4.....how is it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Def. interested - kcwiii@hotmail.com

Ken
Quote Reply
Re: Hey NYC guys [MDS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a couple of these a few years ago. Well organized, not too crowded.

Highly recommend
Quote Reply
Re: Hey NYC guys [MDS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is this? A Duathlon? How do I find out more about it? Register?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And to think that I thought I was one of the few training for a tri in the City. Please include me on the e-mail list joshsherman9@yahoo.com. I typically do a long ride on Sat morning with the NYCC, but I welcome someone to train with during the week. Anyone training for the half IM distance?

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice your gift." Pre
Quote Reply
Re: Hey NYC guys [Jobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check out http://www.nytc.org/

Unfortunately according to the web site ,the March 30 race is full.

NYTC organizes other races both biathlon and triathlon in NYC and surrounding areas
Quote Reply
Re: Hey NYC guys [michaelg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im doing the half (wildflower, eagleman, and tupper lake tinman), live on upper west side, 87th between columbus and amsterdam, so anyone ever wants to train...

stick to a pretty rigid schedule, but do long rides on Sat. and long runs on Sunday,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife & I are doing the Du on the 30th, we signed up around March 1st. It was full on the 2nd I believe. Definitely looking forward to the race.

We live in Suffolk County.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also doing Wildflower long, and 1/2 Vineman. UWS 83rd and CP. SByers - what's your schedule look like?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey NYC guys [kcwiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SByers-I am doing Tupper as well. When and where do you run on Sundays? Would like to join you, if the offer still exists.
Quote Reply