Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Name the coutries that France, Germany [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being rejected?--1441 passed.
Quote Reply
Re: Several things [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Andrew, your in France are'nt you???
Quote Reply
Re: Several things [bub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not an expert in politics or history, but I have a few questions that perhaps a more educated person can clarify.

If I recall correctly, the majority of people here in the U.S. didn't want us getting involved in "Europe's War" with Adolf Hitler. By the time WWII was over, the Allies had fought the Nazis in France, Belgum, Poland, Spain, North Africa and a few other countries that I'm sure I missed. Where would have Hitler stopped?

After taking Kuwait, where would Saddam have stopped? The Middle East is a very valuable asset as far as oil is concerned. Much of the world's economy is tied in one form or another to the Middle East. This fact is not lost on Saddam.

Another question: Is it just me or does it look like Saddam has put on weight since 1991? I guess those economic sanctions have really hurt him.

There are many things regarding the Middle East that I don't know. However, I strongly doubt this war is soley for the benifit of a few rich Texas oil cronies or some other bumper-sticker logic arguement. I'm open minded enough to read/listen to those who have a more informed viewpoint, oneway or the other.

One reason I enjoy this forum is the fact that threads stay civil, even when there is disagreement. All of the participants here are to be lauded for that.

Brett
Quote Reply
Re: Iraq, Well while not in favor of it I hope that they [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why don't you go train in France with the other pussys.
Quote Reply
Re: Iraq, Well while not in favor of it I hope that they [slick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Slick, without the pussies, you'd be a brit...
did you know that?
Quote Reply
Re: Iraq, Well while not in favor of it I hope that they [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hey Slick, without the pussies, you'd be a brit...
did you know that?
Don't buy that for a second. Our independence was inevitable. You, on the other hand, would undoubtably be speaking German were it not for the good old USA, twice. There is no way your pathetic, cowardly nation would be able to overthrow the Nazi's. We lost hundreds of thousands of our best liberating your nation. When we are directly attacked and are trying to rid the world of psychopaths who have weapons which would make Hitler drool, your country stabs us in the back. Weapons, I might add that can be easily smuggled and distributed to other nutjob Islamic wackos to be used against us. We are at war. War against any unstable wacko who can possibly let loose weapons of mass destruction in our cities. Don't you get that? At least now we know who are real friends in the world are, not that we didn't know already. I support the USA all the way! Semper Fi.
Quote Reply
Re: Iraq, Well while not in favor of it I hope that they [slick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey slick, nice you hide behind no name or location.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Several things [Matt Berner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"France, Germany, Russia, Iraq never went to the security council before they attacked another country"

You are surely right about France and Germany as the ONU was created in 1945 and neither country has attacked any country since then.

-
[pink]I don’t use pink font[/pink]
Quote Reply
Re: Iraq, Well while not in favor of it I hope that they [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hey slick, nice you hide behind no name or location.
Hide? For supporting my country in a time of war? What the hell is wrong with some of you people? Oh, wait a minute. San Francisco. Nevermind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe Saddam can redirect one of his VX nerve agent laden SCUD missiles to S.F. and another to Paris.

Hey France, where did that stash of Ricin come from, huh? Just wait until SH launches nerve gas at our Marines, what the hell are you gonna say then?

"Oh the inspectors are doing a good job"

OH YEAH? They didnt find the SCUDS that SH just launched at Kuwait, did they?

DUH!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, you are a piece of work. There you go painting everyone with a broad brush. Yeah, I live is SF. I'm also a registered Republican who is ultra conservative on some issues (immigration, for example), middle of the road on others, and very liberal on a few. Get the facts before you spout off.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: Iraq, Well while not in favor of it I hope that they [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a Cal native as well, as a conservitave you gotta see the humor in the SF statement, you know where Im coming from.
Quote Reply
Re: Iraq, Well while not in favor of it I hope that they [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got it Gary. People like Cathy have no sense of humor. They slander the USA and our ELECTED leaders, defend France and Iraq with the most vile of terms but get their panties all in a bunch should someone dare fire back. I'm with you on this one brother.
Quote Reply
Re: Iraq, Well while not in favor of it I hope that they [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me guess, those folks on this list that are major opponents to this war were in have never actually served your country. Have you? Once you have stood up for you country by actually risking your posterior.....then you have something to say. If you have not......well your bone fide's speak for you.

1*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jesus f**king Christ, you [slick] are such a wanker. When did I ever slander the USA and our ELECTED leaders, defend France and Iraq? If you could read, perhaps you'd get your retributions correct.

But, since you can't....for your information: I support the troops and the war, though things maybe could have been done better. I think the anarchists who are destroying property in downtown SF should be shot on site; the other misguided souls "protesting for peace" are stupid in my opinion, but they do have the right to do so (protest) in the USA. No, I did not vote for GWB, but I didn't vote for Gore either. I did vote for Clinton...twice. I'll drink French wine, California wine, NZ wine, Australian wine, even Chilean wine, but I won't drink Blue Nun or any of that cheap crap. I am also a definite equal opportunity beer drinker. Going cold turkey on the French fries for health reasons. Think Chirac (he's the French leader, if you didn't know) is an ass, but every French person I've met (and that is quite a few) is pretty cool. One I'd maybe even marry if he asked me. As for Iraq--never been there, never want to, Saddam needs to go and I'm just hoping my friend Steve comes home soon and safely so he can do his next Ironman. His wife, boys and friends miss him a lot.

As for you slick, welcome to my killfile.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"As for you slick, welcome to my killfile. "

He's in mine to Cathy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a colleague of mine has her husband there right now. it saddens me so much to see her talking about him with tears in her eyes...
whatever the discussion on going or not going, now that people are fighting there, we can only hope that there will be as few casualties as possible, and all the husbands, wifes, dads, mums, sons, daugthers will go home safely. that iraqis civilians will stay out of harm's way.
Quote Reply
Re: Iraq, Well while not in favor of it I hope that they [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen! Francois you are on the mark. See you Saturday? (Wind tri)

1*
Quote Reply
Re: Iraq, Well while not in favor of it I hope that they [Slider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe I will go to watch the race, but this week is a mega week for me (15km swim, about 1000km ride and a bit more than a 100km run) and saturday is my second 240km bike ride of the week (spring break...train-eat-nap-train-eat-nap :-))

I will be at Rocky Point, Striders (ex-strutters), Tempe, for the early season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoa! You are a stud! I felt hot doing a week with 8km swim 250 km bike, and 40km run. Gotta love it.

1*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm... well [slick] your intolerance has defined you for what you are - a radical. Your anonymity defines you for what your are not - brave. Nothing is wrong with being a radical or a coward ... just expect to be on the wrong side half the time. And, the other half of the time expect your inadequacies to become a victim of your own insecurity.

Your views are simply that - an opinion... when you decide to take your opinion to a personal level, you've lost those whom may have taken your side. You will only appeal to those you find security with those which take your view (... which is not a difficult task). Unfortunately, by taking your opinions to a personal level, you expose your insecurity. That is not a very admirable and respected quality.

What's probably really sad is that you probably don't care - also commonly referred to as low self-esteem. I don't agree nor disagree with your viewpoints... however, your methods of swaying the masses... well, let me just say it at your level... it sucks.

FWIW Joe Moya

These posts are really taking the fun out of this NG's ... I guess that only reflects the degree of impact the War has on people.
Last edited by: Joe M: Mar 21, 03 6:00
Quote Reply
For Gary, Trirunner, Slick, Irnclm, MattB and anyone [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
one else I neglected to mention.

Of course I knew that Russia France and Germany had not gone to the UN because since it was established they have attacked no one. That was really my point that the comment that was made about that was ridiculous its like saying that Isreal never attacked anyone prior to 1948.

Gary I know that you have a really hard time reading as this is the second time I have posted this information. I am a US resident, British national and not a bigot or xenophobe like yourself.

Slick, no comment you were truly born 60-70 years to late and you and your compadre Gary were far more suited to the Weimar where you simply executed people that disagreed with you as opposed to diplomacy or intelligent discussion neither of which either of you seem to be capable of doing.

Oh, my politics for the record. Some issues such as welfare, immigration (and I am an immigrant) and large government I am very conservative, social issues (Gary and Slick social issues would be things like medical care and abortion, just so that you can follow this, I am liberal on, that means I think healthcare should be available to all and I think a woman has the right to choose what to do with her body).

As to the ass clown that is in office at present, no I would not vote for him, did not vote for him but I would absolutely have voted for McCain.

So you take your Xenophobic bigoted opinions and remove yourselves from CA and move to ID where I think you would be more accepted.

Oh and one more for Matt, the wording in 1441 did not indicate that assuming that it was not complied with that it would automaticall lead to war. No offence to you but if other world leaders have doubts about the amiguity of the wording I doubt you somehow know something that they dont and it has been, and is being, questioned.

Gary when you say "your in france" you probably mean "you are" or "you're" at least I think thats what you mean but as so much of what you say is unstructured, not well thought out and incoherent I simply cant tell.

Andrew
Quote Reply

Prev Next