Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where are the new Cervelos?
Quote | Reply
A bike shop about an hour away has just become a new Cervelo dealer. This will be the closest dealer to where I live and I've convinced a friend to look at the new Dual, but the shop tells me that their order is several weeks behind. Is this an availability problem in other places as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Where are the new Cervelos? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is Gerard's reply about the 2003 Soloist from the Cervelo email list: They will be shipping the end of the month, so you can expect them at your dealer in the first half of April.

There may have been something earlier about other models and delay. You'd have to look at the archives.

Mailing-List: list Cervelo@yahoogroups.com;

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking only as a Cervelo dealer,there have been some delays with Cervelo but I maintain the delays are worth waiting for. Everyone is experiencing them. If the cost of getting the best possible representation of a given product is an additional 3-4 week wait for something expensive you will own for years my logic is it is worth the wait. Remember, this is like buying a Ferrari, not a Ford Focus. It isn't a commodity item. I think waiting the amount of time necessary to do a good job is reasonable. I guarantee you the delays are much more frustrating to a dealer who is waiting for 30 -50 bikes than it is for a consumer waiting for one. A big part of my day is spent tracking these bikes down.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Where are the new Cervelos? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I maintain the delays are worth waiting for."

Tom, that's what I told my friend and I think he's listening. Was just curious if this was a universal delay or just for this particular LBS. Obviously it's across the board.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Across the board. We're all hurting....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Where are the new Cervelos? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
{Remember, this is like buying a Ferrari, not a Ford Focus} reply

Don't be dissing the Focus. One of car and drivers 10 best 4 years in a row. Best Selling car in the world last year...

Sorry, I used to write tv commercials for Ford.
Quote Reply
Re: Where are the new Cervelos? [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ohh, not a dis at all. We're in Ford country here. Merely an analogy between different product categories....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply