Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2002 QR tequilo
Quote | Reply
after reading the recent reviews on the 2003 QRs, i was wondering if the same geometry adjustments should be made to the 2002 tequilo (changing to a zero setback seatpost)? i bought a 2002 tequilo last year and although the bike fits and is comfortable, i haven't been able to get as aggressive on it as i would like. just wondering if the seatpost change would help. recommendations on seatposts would be good too. thanks in advance.

(use code #48352 for 15% off your first order)
*Feel free to PM me with any specific questions about Hammer products*
Quote Reply
Re: 2002 QR tequilo [slugchowder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We switch almost every one out we sell to a Thomson.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2002 QR tequilo [slugchowder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll agree with Tom: the Thomson post is a beautiful piece of equipment that's well worth whatever price you'll be asked for it.

You can either get the zero setback and swing the saddle forward, or reverse the setback (gets you 16 mm forward) and clamp the seat in the middle (my SLR is designed to flex, and it works better if I clamp it in the middle of the rails). I get 79 deg on my 700c/55, and I'm very happy.

There are two reasons to change the post: the stock post is not long enough (on my '01, I couldn't pull it out more than 15 cm) and it has the abominable serrations.

Dre'
Quote Reply