Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Excitment abounds!
Quote | Reply
Well I finally picked up my new bike today. After a winter of research and riding my 20 + year old Trek road bike, that I picked up for $150 to do my first Tri. back in Sept., and using a trainer to put in enough miles to "deserve" the new bike, I have it. After alot of angst and woe I decided to go with a Tri. bike over a road bike and a custom bike over a factory bike. I ended up with the Airborne Spectre with an Ultegra set up, Ksyrium SSC wheels, Profile Design Aerobars and a WindWood carbon fork. Any worry about the Tri. geometry melted away when I got on the bike. Compared to the old Trek it felt like a Cadalliac, I felt like I could take a nap on it. Tonight I am going to have a few brews and throw a couple of nice rib eyes on the grill and tomorrow I will go for my first ride. I just wanted to share my excitement with people who understand as my wife's suspicions grow by my evasive answer to "how much did that thing cost" , Best to all, Norm.
Quote Reply
Re: Excitment abounds! [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the best feeling when the thing fits right and feels good. Awesome. Have some great rides- I'm sure you will...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent, great news Norm -- well done on the turbo training to justify it! I'm in a similar situation to you, promised myself a new bike if I got my LT up to 300W on the trainer. I managed that a couple of weeks back and ordered the bike, a new Cervelo P3, which arrived yesterday. On the TT/Triathlon 78degree setup it's fantastic, so fast, smooth and very comfortable compared to a road-bike (73.5 degree seat tube) with clip on tri-bars. Well worth the effort, and I justified it (to myself) even if not to my g/f.
Quote Reply
Re: Excitment abounds! [jimmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome stuff... I can still remember taking my P2K out of the box almost 2 years ago. *tear*

Just don't spend too much riding it or the bike may earn the nickname "the Mistress" as mine did.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! I know the feeling. I lost 30 lbs to justify my new bike -- and it felt like trading in a station wagon for a sports car.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats Norm,

I am still on my old trek 1200, and just came back from a 40 mi / 8.5 mi brick and cannot wait to get my "cadillac".

Many happy tri's

Henk ( who is green with envy)

Alex Jonker
Quote Reply