Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nimble crosswinds
Quote | Reply
Are these wheels tough enough to use for both training and racing? I think I remember some talking that they train and race on Hed 3's, since they are bombproof. The nimbles are similar and was wondering if the same goes? How about the Fly's, I'm thinking they are to light use for training.
Quote Reply
Re: Nimble crosswinds [Luntzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know about the Crosswinds as I have no experience with that wheel. One certainly could use the Fly for training. In my opinion the wheel is tough enough. But I wouldn't do it for a variety of reasons. I like a heavier wheel for training. The Fly is a tubular wheel and I train on clinchers. The wheel isn't super expensive, but it's by no means cheap, I'd use cheaper wheels for training.
Quote Reply
Re: Nimble crosswinds [Luntzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't train on them. They are much lighter than the HED 3's. Also who wants to spend $1000 on replacement wheels in case of an accident?
Quote Reply
Re: Nimble crosswinds [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I vote with jaylew....get some really cheap wheels to train on if money is the issue. Save the more exotic stuff for racing, if that's the wheelset you choose to race on. Note that independent comparisons (not done by Nimble) on the performance of the Crosswinds are very scarce. I'd like someone to point out an independent evaluation of them if they know of one. They are a light and interesting looking wheel, I'd just like to see some numbers done by someone without any interest in promoting the product. Thanks in advance...

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply