Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

shoes for wildflower
Quote | Reply
Since quite a bit of the course seems to be on trails I'm wondering about shoe choice. Will you be wearing trail runners, your "normal" running shoes, or racing flats?

Meg.
Quote Reply
Re: shoes for wildflower [Meg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just today I started breaking in my new shoes for Wildflower half, a pair of Nike Skylons. Not that they actually need breaking in, I just need to make sure they are the right choice (fit) for me this time around. You never know now if a shoe has changed or not. My second choice is a pair of the new Saucony Azura's.

I have a pair of Nike Pegasus trail shoes and I like them but would never race in them, even for a half or full ironman, just too heavy.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The "trails" are hard packed dirt. Go with your everyday shoes. I don't know if I'd recommend racing flats with a real smooth tread, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely my regular road shoes (New Balance 764). They work nicely on packed dirt. I can't stand the feel of my trail shoes on pavement, and 40% of the course is paved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't need anything with a really aggressive tread, just about any good running shoes will do on this course. The one piece of advice I will offer, however, is aesthetic. Your shoes will likely be very dirty after finishing this course--I run more than 50% of my runs off-road and I was still amazed at how filthy my shoes and socks got on this course. Lots of runners and not a lot of rain.

Ben H

Christian, Husband, Father, Ranger, Triathlete
Quote Reply