Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironwar Allen/Scott poster?
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I'm looking for a poster of the amazing 1989 Kona Ironwar with Allen and Scott running side by side. Does that exist? If not, anyone high a high quality JPEG I could make a print of?

Thanks!

Proud Member of the Cervelo Mafia.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironwar Allen/Scott poster? [zone2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure where you would get it, but if you keep your eyes peeled to the front page we are about to put up an interview with Mark Allen. Meanhile along those lines as a fan of Mark Allen and Cervelo you may want to go to the markallenonline.com website and check out the sweepstakes he has, as you can win a Cervelo P2C frameset, a year of Mark Allen online coaching, Hed wheels and much more.

Herbert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check out Triathlete magazine, they used to sell a small poster of that picture. The official poster for Ironman Hawaii in 1990 had that ironwar picture in it. The last time a saw it on ebay a few years ago, it sold for about $400.00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a jpg sent to me a while back that was good enough to print to letter size paper. I'm sure I could dig it up if you want it.

Quote | Reply
I have one, it is sort of old and was a gift, I can't get rid of it. Unless what that guy said and you want to pay 400.00 for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironwar Allen/Scott poster? [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sent you a PM

Quote Reply
Re: Ironwar Allen/Scott poster? [IRONLOBO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sent you a PM

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one autographed by both Dave Scott & Mark Allen. Its framed and hanging above my desk. I'm looking at it right now. Care to make me an offer?

Gary Mc

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Last edited by: Gary Mc: Oct 9, 07 16:45
Quote Reply
Re: Ironwar Allen/Scott poster? [Gary Mc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How'd you get it autographed? Were you there? That's incredible!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who is Dave Scoot?

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How'd you get it autographed? Were you there? That's incredible!

It was a gift from my tri club (Inland Inferno) for serving as president a few years back. They got it from Bob Babbitt the publisher of Competitor magazine. The original picture and story of the Iron War were published there.

Gary Mc

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Re: Ironwar Allen/Scott poster? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got my free headsweats visor from the expo last year signed by both Mark and Dave on the v. It was framed (boxed) for me with my finishers medal and finish line photo for Christmas last year. I look at every time I grumble about getting up at 5am to do a workout... I stop grumbling quickly!

Architeuthis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Ironwar Allen/Scott poster? [vo2maxed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THANKS!

Quote Reply
Re: Ironwar Allen/Scott poster? [vo2maxed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a bigger JPEG... From Gordo's blog back in August. Not poster quality but a bit more resolution:

Quote Reply
Re: Ironwar Allen/Scott poster? [Hijo Rudicio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple of month ago I just ripped the page from the Triathlete Mag and put it on a frame.

You can "Save As" that big image and print it and frame it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironwar Allen/Scott poster? [carlosf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone qith a signed poster and COA ?! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironwar Allen/Scott poster? [Hijo Rudicio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an iconic picture and one which got me started in Tri, another was Karen smyers in aero tuck on Queen k.

What is that weird swelling above mark's left knee though? Surely can't be vmo??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gary Mc wrote:
I have one autographed by both Dave Scott & Mark Allen. Its framed and hanging above my desk. I'm looking at it right now. Care to make me an offer?

Gary Mc

That is a keeper. My prized poster is an original from The Duel in the Sun (Boston Marathon 1982). It is signed to me by both Dick Beardsley and Alberto Salazar!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironwar Allen/Scott poster? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
HuffNPuff wrote:
Gary Mc wrote:

Gary Mc[/quote

I was there that day and helped Salazar to the medical tent. Cool experience!

That is a keeper. My prized poster is an original from The Duel in the Sun (Boston Marathon 1982). It is signed to me by both Dick Beardsley and Alberto Salazar!
Quote Reply