Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IBIS Alibi hardtail 18" manitou super, full XT
Quote | Reply
I'm putting this up here before it goes on Ebay later on this week.

IBIS (c'mon there's gotta be at least one IBIS fanatic on this forum:) Alibi hardtail in great shape. I believe it's the "warm beer metallic" color, a medium goldish metallic color. Size 18. The frame is in great shape with the cool IBIS head badge, and machined rear seat stay bridge. Check out MTBR for reviews on this bike and you'll see that other owners basically refer to this bike as a gift from god him/herself.

The bike has an XT build with the exception of LX shifter pods and Avid single digit 2.0 levers (better than XT anyways, I think I actually have the XT levers brand new if you wanted those instead). The cranks are 2004 XT (yup the ones you can look right through) with only one off road ride on them (Xterra worlds last year) and assorted street commuting miles.

Sun/Ringle RPM light wheelset is light and durable

Thomson elite seatpost with Selle Italia Flight Gel Saddle in good shape

Shimano M545 pedals (big silver platform types) although I'll upgrade to brand new Candy SL pedals for $70 more.

Manitou/Answer Mars Super front shock with lockout. This shock was the former top of the line Sid killer. Under three pounds and has a special white lower casting (versus stock bright red) to match the bike.

Hmm, other odds and ends include Easton EA-50 bar, oury grips, Kore stem, Profile bar ends, Blackburn bag, Carbon fiber top tube protector, Mythos tires, Specialized computer, optional bike bell...

This bike is a blast on the trails and is already light although with a few part swaps it can be superlight. There are two blemishes, one on the top tube under the carbon protector where I spun the bars on an endo and another small nick on the seat tube covered by a sticker. Other than that the bike is in great shape.

I have yet to take pictures but if you're interested let me know and I'll put them right up.

Asking $1100 obo, all proceeds of this sale go straight to my lbs to pay off the tab for my new bike
Quote Reply