Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help...Small problem with Easton...Solved
Quote | Reply
I want to start out saying this is in no way a negative post against Easton Bike Products. I love their products. I have everything from stems to seatposts to handlebars from them. They seem to work great, and are super cool looking.

But having said that, I had a problem with a couple of their products (it may have been my fault, so I'm not even blaming them) so I sent them to their Van Nuyes address I got off their web page. I asked them to check the products out and let me know if they were still safe to use. I would normally call them to get some type of authorization, but I figured if I sent them back to them, they would do one of 3 things.

1. Either replace them at a discount or at no cost-which I would be happy about.

2. Check them out then send them back-which I would be O.K with also.

3. Send them back and say they can't check them out.

Well, it never occured to me that the 4th thing they could do was keep them and never respond, which is what they have done. I have tried calling the 800 number listed on their web page, and e-mailing them from their web page. I get no response from my follow ups. It has been 1 month since I sent the products to them, and I checked UPS's tracking system so I know they got them.

So here's where you all can help me. Anybody have any insider contacts with them that I can call or e-mail to follow up on this. If nothing else, I just want my products back.

Jeff
Last edited by: Vita-man: Mar 10, 03 13:15
Quote Reply
Re: Help...Small problem with Easton [Vita-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try this Vita-man: Call Veltec Sport at (800) 578-5790. Tell them you are a consumer and tell them your story. Ask for any contacts at Easton. Veltec is the U.S. distributor for Easton products. The distribution channel for a lot of these products is so convoluted there could be no telling where your stuff is.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help...Small problem with Easton [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom-Wow, you are the man. I called Veltec and they gave me a number right to Easton. Called Easton and they are taking care of it. Great customer service.

I wish everything was this simple.

Thanks!!

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Help...Small problem with Easton [Vita-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool! Awesome. But then again, you don't have your stuff yet.... I'd hold the celebration until you get it. At least I'm glad I could be of some service.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Finished [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to give a quick plug for Easton and a sincere "Thank you" to you Tom.

I just got the products in the mail...Again, great customer service.

Jeff
Quote Reply