Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Phosphate loading
Quote | Reply
I'm going to try and phosphate load this season for some training races lading up to a Half-IM in May. Has anyone tried this and what product do you use? What protocols?
Quote Reply
Re: Phosphate loading [CS7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you referring to creatine phosphate?
Quote Reply
Re: Phosphate loading [Chiroman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Phosphate loading [2WheelsGood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the article.
Quote Reply
Re: Phosphate loading [Chiroman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sodium phosphate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
e-caps.com has Race Day Boost, I picked up a tub on sale but have not used it yet, kind of a pain having to consume it with juice 4x per day for 4 days before the event. They do make some interesting claims about lactic acid buffering benefits. I'll get around to using it sooner or later ... hope it does'nt expire!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's another decent article. Though it's also worth mentioning that there is plenty of skepticism due to the fact that very few objective studies have been done. http://www.cyclecoach.com/phosphate.htm
Quote Reply
warning [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are going to be taking a supplement in a "loading fashion" you should be aware of the potential consequences.

First off you should not do this if you have any kidney problems, or a family history of them.

Having said that, if you haev normal renal function intaking increased levels of phosphate will nto increase the levels of phosphate in your blood.

The problem is, excessive physical stress can percipitate renal problems...

you hsould be concerned if you develop.

a slow heart rate or any heart abnormailites. or any tingling or loss of sensation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used to be my little secret. I use Twin Labs Phos Fuel.

Effects of phosphate loading on metabolic and myocardial responses to maximal and endurance exercise.

Kreider RB, Miller GW, Schenck D, Cortes CW, Miriel V, Somma CT, Rowland P, Turner C, Hill D.

Dept. of HPER, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA 23529-0196.

Six trained male cyclists and triathletes participated in a double blind study to determine the effects of phosphate loading on maximal and endurance exercise performance. Subjects ingested either 1 gm of tribasic sodium phosphate or a glucose placebo four times daily for 3 days prior to performing either an incremental maximal cycling test or a simulated 40-km time trial on a computerized race simulator. They continued the supplementation protocol for an additional day and then performed the remaining maximal or performance exercise test. Subjects observed a 17-day washout period between testing sessions and repeated the experiment with the alternate supplement regimen in identical fashion. Metabolic data were collected at 15-sec intervals while venous blood samples and 2D-echocardiographic data were collected during each stage of exercise during the maximal exercise test and at 8-km intervals during the 40-km time trial. Results indicate that phosphate loading attenuated anaerobic threshold, increased myocardial ejection fraction and fractional shortening, increased maximal oxidative capacity, and enhanced endurance performance in competitive cyclists and triathletes.

http://www.fabish-sport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Phosphate loading [Paul Fabish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys for the input. I'm going to give it a try for a C sprint race in april in hopes of my A race in May. No family history of kidney problems. I'll be trying Vantage product by Sportsquest.

Aloha

Bryant
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried Phosfuel on many occasions. Didn't do diddly squat for me. Maybe the first few times it provided a placebo effect. Good training and good nutrition are your best bet.
Quote Reply