Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey Tom: mariola DL vs. cevelo soloist
Quote | Reply
Hi Tom I was wondering if you got your yaqui DL yet and you impressions in comparison to the cervelop soloist... they seem to be aimed at similair audiences. I also think that QR has a similair bike as well. Also did you order a custom Yaqui or did you get a stock one?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Tom: mariola DL vs. cevelo soloist [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Taku, Man- it has been so busy in here. I haven't been on the computer all day. We just sold two P3s and a Cannondale Ironman 2000. Just two of us in here today too. Madness.

I got my Mariola DL but have not built it up yet. Probably this weekend. I also have a Soloist Team frame/fork on order. My Mariola is a 650c bike and my Soloist is, of course, a 700c bike- each part of a little subjective test I'm doing. I can tell you that my Soloist is coming in the next few weeks. Cervelo has done extra work to be sure quality control is at the absolute highest state. I appreciate that. The Yaqui(s)I received are both beautiful and very, very well made. I think Ves does an excellent job. At this point you might get the Yaqui a little quicker depending on how busy Ves is and when the Soloist Team's will start to ship (pretty soon). I like working with Ves. He is a straight forward man and is particular about quality control. His bikes look fantastic and I think they will ride nicely. Another big difference is that Ves is using Scandium tubing for a completely different ride experience. And then there is always the issue of fit- the most important question. One thing for sure, if you talk to Ves about fit you're talking to someone well versed in the topic. There also might be something to be said for talking to the actual guy who builds your bike with his own hands. I like that.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Tom: mariola DL vs. cevelo soloist [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ves reports he's painting my Carbo this weekend. I hope I get it in time for my first race on the 22nd! I'll need to give it a good shake-down break-in before I race it. I expect it to be more comfortable than the Guru Cron-alu(which I found to be very comfortable), much lighter, and hopefully faster. It's not quite as steep as the 78 degree Guru (it's 76 degrees), so maybe I'll be able to do better on the courses with climbs. I didn't climb well on the Guru.

I was considering the P2K or P3 also. I simply could never find one in my size in stock in order to see if it fit. The estimated correct size came in to shops several times over the past two years, but, they sell before I can get there! That says a lot about their popularity! I don't know if you could go wrong on any of these bikes if they fit you, your riding style, and the terrain you will encounter. The Yaqui DL is a little different animal altogether from these other bikes. Mr. Mandaric commented that it is specifically designed for the drafting race circuit, and the Mariola is more appropriate for the non-drafting tri's and TT's.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply