Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

aerodynamics of Shimano wheels?
Quote | Reply
Hi

I was just at a press conferation about Shimanos 2004 stuff, especially the new Dura Ace. Talking to the guys about the new wheelset (normal spokeplacement, 16 bladed spokes f/r), they said the new wheels were lighter but much less aerodynamic than the old Shimano wheels. Actually they said, the old wheels with the paired spokes were some of the most aerodynamic wheels on the market! I never heard any of you considering buying shimano wheels for aerodynamic reasons. What´s your opinion on them?

Regards

Martin
Quote Reply
Re: aerodynamics of Shimano wheels? [kreutzer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember reading on Jon cobbs site something abotu paired spoe wheels actually being less aerodynamic... hope that helps...

any other info about the announcements... curious to hear about the new gruppos
Quote Reply
Re: aerodynamics of Shimano wheels? [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I´m not allowed to say that much. But one thing: Wait to see the new DU crankset - it is absolutely incredible!

m
Quote Reply
Re: aerodynamics of Shimano wheels? [kreutzer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DU or DA?

I don't know if you can tell us but are they changing both Ultegra and DA to 10 or just DA?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: aerodynamics of Shimano wheels? [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear they were going to 11.

Olen
Quote Reply
Re: aerodynamics of Shimano wheels? [muscle.boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I hear they were going to 11.
I'd heard that rumor too, but it's not happening(at least not anytime in the near future).
Last edited by: jaylew: Mar 7, 03 12:06
Quote Reply
Re: aerodynamics of Shimano wheels? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
correct, they are going 10-speed on the Dura Ace and keeping Ultegra untouched. The Dura Ace crankset comes with the same bottom bracket features seen on the XTR crancks and aerorings like on the timetril version. And a snugg design.

regards

Martin
Quote Reply