Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Your experience with bike cases
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to buy bike case, my first one.

The issues as I see it are:

The ones where you don't have to pull your bike to bits look great but they seem soooo big that they won't fit in the average vehicle!!

I believe the smaller flat ones require you to remove the rear de-railer (something I haven't done before) plus handle bars, seat etc - not something you really want to do just prior to a big race?

What's a good option here?
Quote Reply
Re: Your experience with bike cases [PGPG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used both the large and smaller type Triall3 cases and, while the large one is a lot easier to pack, it is too big. If you don't have a van or suv, forget about getting the large one in your car (think about traveling and taking cabs, friends picking up/dropping off at the airport, etc.). The smaller one requires a little more packing creativity, but doesn't require serious wrenching (I ride a 52cm with a long seat tube, and have plenty of frame room). I'm happy that I purchased the smaller. Both are well designed.

-dave
Quote Reply
Re: Your experience with bike cases [PGPG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Tri all 3 UPS compatible bike case. I have been very happy with it. I admit it is a major pain to put the bike in the case. There is not a lot of disassembly, but it is like putting a jigsaw puzzle together. After you have done it a few times, it is not so bad. You won't get a disk wheel in there.

The case will fit in your typical mid size car. It takes the whole back seat, and it is close, but it works. Their big case probably wouldn't fit. It is best to get the UPS case, since it is really convenient to ship the bike sometimes.
Quote Reply
Re: Your experience with bike cases [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the SCICON bike case and find it very convenient to use. I only have to remove the wheels (you use the skewers to attach them to the inside of the lid) and loosen (not remove) my aerobars.

The case is quite small and I can find it into a compact car. My P2K fits in the case.

Cheers,
dt.
Quote Reply