Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

100 mile record
Quote | Reply
Why is the 100 mile record so slow? Larsen and Lieto went way faster for 112 at IM NZ after swimming an hour. see:

http://www.ultracycling.com/standings/mileagerecords.html

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: 100 mile record [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would guess that's because only UMCA members can challenge those records thus the pool of talent is probably fairly small and doesn't include many pro caliber riders.
Quote Reply
Dizziness................100 miles round [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a track = dizzy

Whats the hour record, bet it would not take Chris Boardman 4.5 hours to ride 100 miles
Quote Reply
Re: Dizziness................100 miles round [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris Harkey did a 24 hour ride a couple of times at Lowe's Motor Speedway...it's 1.25 miles around on the apron. It's a good way to go for records...not severe turning, relatively flat, you can come into the pit lane for servicing (HA), people can watch to cheer you on.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Dizziness................100 miles round [ktalon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where is this at, in San DIego we have Cajon Speedway, I've always thought that it would be a great venue for TT's, just need to have riders wear chip trackers to keep track of all thats going on
Quote Reply
Re: Dizziness................100 miles round [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is in Concord, NC. Just outside of Charlotte. The owner of the track, Humpy Wheeler (that's his name, it's not a miss-print!), actually rides many of the time trials himself. It's a great service to the biking community for him to open the track like that. We don't use chips, just lots of volunteers keeping tabs on people. It's limited to 170 riders per event, and I think there are about 8 throughout the season. The first one is early April. There's an awards dinner in October.

I think the record is held by either Pat McCallion or Chris Harkey...I know both of these guys have rides of sub-20 minutes for 10 miles. It really is amazing to be cranking along for all you're worth and have these guys zip past you!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply