Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Oval bars question...
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the other new Oval bar I've seen lately -- their shorty bar for road bike set-ups? It looks the same as the one John Cobb designed for his Big Slam position. Any info?

Thanks,

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Another Oval bars question... [snichols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We installed them yesterday. They are pretty cool. However the person ended up going with Profile Airstryke so that he could get the arm pad width necessary.

The Oval's are cool because they will fit 31.8 handle bars. They are not called the Slam bars for no reason. They seem to be for someone who is short or, believe it or not, ready for this.......for the slam position. Wow, and to think they call them the Slam. They are cool, but try them out at your Local Bicycle Store before purchase.

Shawn

"Nothing in life ever just happens. Calculated progression insures your strength."
Shawn Spencer
Bike Cycles
Wilmington, NC
http://www.bikecycleshop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Another Oval bars question... [snichols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought some today from Quality Bicycle Parts (one of our wholesale vendors) and will use them on my Yaqui Mariola DL. Stay tuned for comments.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Another Oval bars question... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info, Shawn; I appreciate it. And Tom, I've learned a lot from your reviews, so I look forward to your thoughts.

Steve
Quote Reply