Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yet another fit question: evolution/change
Quote | Reply
Over the years, what type of changes do you all experience with your tri/TT position? I felt at the last race I was too high and could go for a farther reach. Fit is defineately an art, but would like to know what you are all experiencing over time.

Aloha
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another fit question: evolution/change [CS7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The body is a dynamic not static structure. Even as the season goes on you likely will develop more flexibility and your position can be changed. Lowering handle bars is just one example.

Cyclists seem to fall into two schools of thought. One group has a philosophy "if it ain't broke then don't fix it", where once the bike is set up they are quite happy to leave it like that. The other group, myself included, is constantly tinkering and making minute changes whether they're really needed or not.

My advice is that if you're going to change things don't make big drastic changes all at once. Do them slowly, mm by mm, to allow your body time to adjust.
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another fit question: evolution/change [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll definieately go the mm by mm change. Funny how conditioning, flexibility can make your position more aero/aggressive. I found this out during my first A race of the year.
Quote Reply