Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: We need "Bad Job" Hecklers. Not "Good Job" liars. [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
Haha, good to see you're still alive and kicking after 18 years, GOOD JOB and YOU'RE DOING GREAT!

YOUR still going, good for u
Quote Reply
Re: We need "Bad Job" Hecklers. Not "Good Job" liars. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for cyclocross insults! We used to have a really great heckling vibe at our upstate NY races but I remember what killed it...someone's girlfriend bought a book of cx insults and a megaphone. Who knew having someone read aloud from a book is demotivating? After a season of that it seemed like the hecklers all turned into regular "go rider" kind of supporters, sad really. I miss having friends spectating who know your weaknesses and turn it into an insult so good you can't help but laugh!
Quote Reply
Re: We need "Bad Job" Hecklers. Not "Good Job" liars. [rrutis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like everyone has switched to beer/bacon/donut hand ups and stuff like that at CX, which is another reason CX is cool (someday I will race cross again, but I am one moe race disciple away from an intervention. . . .)
Quote Reply
Re: We need "Bad Job" Hecklers. Not "Good Job" liars. [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do hand-ups compare to shots of tequila or Fireball at Ultra aid stations?

Speaking of ultra's; how about Laz's "jeerleaders?" Before each lap/"yard" starts, they sing chants like "It's OK, it's just fine; you can quit, we won't mind"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: We need "Bad Job" Hecklers. Not "Good Job" liars. [mistergomez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump because this is funny and I'm on board with it

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: We need "Bad Job" Hecklers. Not "Good Job" liars. [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lean toward the “cheer for strangers, heckle your friends” approach. The best heckles are personal enough to be targeted, but coming from someone who knows you well enough to not actually offend you. Strangers? Nah. Now, for a small local race series, you may end up knowing quite a few people, and it may look different to the outside observer, who reasonably wonders why all this abuse is flying around.
Quote Reply
Re: We need "Bad Job" Hecklers. Not "Good Job" liars. [RunningChoux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AmZof has always been a great race for heckling, given that everybody has to run thru the pavilion where all the spectators and earlier race finishers congregate.

That said - one of the all time greats was out on the bike course, when my buddy Dr Mike (doing LC) passed his buddy (doing CWD), and said buddy had estimated that he would get passed right around that spot, and requested before the race that Dr Mike say something “motivational” when he passed him.

So when the pass came, he rides up behind him and says,
“Is that all you’ve got, fat ass??”

That was printed on the race T shirts the following year.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: We need "Bad Job" Hecklers. Not "Good Job" liars. [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My father was the ultimate "bad job heckler", until I started getting decent results at a few races, now my partner has taken over. She would be "meh" if I won in Kona :D

*not pink either, I think, maybe I am being a bit unfair and she would crack a smile, she certainly wouldn't discuss it though!
Quote Reply

Prev Next