Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Friday 2/21 Powercrank workout.
Quote | Reply
10 minutes warmup at 80 rpm + then maximal effort on Computrainer on Michael R. Rabe's "20 mile Beginner 2" course: Rolling with 4% grades here and there. Av. 164 bpm heart rate, Av. 64 RPM cadence, Av. 23.1 mph. This workout "felt" harder than it was.

Someone asked if I am riding in the aero position in the powercranks. Honestly, nope. I'm not. I can do it for a moment, but not long. Hey, I'm working on that....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Friday 2/21 Powercrank workout. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you took the "move down a couple of cogs" suggestion to heart and this is the result. Was that a speed improvement? Did you play with the gears and determine this was optimum for this day?

My prediction (if you can stay with the PC's - you said you may not): another month and you will ride the same course in the same gear at 70 rpm (or more) cadence and it will "feel" more normal.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Friday 2/21 Powercrank workout. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about average power output in watts?

How did your numbers compare to previous efforts? Have you done the same course before at the same effort with the PCs?

American's are definately infekting the world with there English grammer.
Quote Reply
Re: Friday 2/21 Powercrank workout. [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frank, I'm sticking with them. Something is happening, I'm not sure what.... but something is going on down there.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Friday 2/21 Powercrank workout. [tri_taiwan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Average power output? I think it was 234 watts, but Calvin was so hot to get on the computrainer he erased my ride before I could get all the data... The numbers were a little better than previous efforts. It was also one of those rides where, now, I can say "I could have gone faster..." I think that's a good sign. One thing I KNOW: You (and I) sure can go up hills fast on Powercranks on a computrainer.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply