Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Save your pennies . . . Kona auction is on . . .
Quote | Reply
... according to

http://www.duathlon.com/articles/2667

between 16 and 20 slots are up for auction on Ebay, starting the end of March. Slots spread across age groups. According to the article, 100% of the proceeds goes to the Kona YMCA, with a stated goal of raising $1M. I guess that means once they hit the $1M they stop the auctions or find another charity.

Going to be interesting to watch the price . . . . T

"The mind can calculate, but the spirit yearns, and the heart knows what the heart knows."
Quote Reply
Re: Save your pennies . . . Kona auction is on . . . [SouthernTim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if the auction is the only fundraising method they plan to use to raise $1,000,000 over two years.

$500,000 per year divided by 20 slots = $25,000 per slot.

Yikes!
Quote Reply
Re: Save your pennies . . . Kona auction is on . . . [SouthernTim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if they will have the auction before the results of the lottery?

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Any bets on the winning bid(s)? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last I checked, a trip to the summit of Mt Everest was about $65,000. What do you think a trot down alli drive will go for?

I would guess none of the slots goes for less than 5k$ and at least one of them goes for 6 figures.

"The more you sweat today, the less you bleed tomorrow"
Quote Reply