Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anyone know cervelo's crash replacement policy?
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: anyone know cervelo's crash replacement policy? [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You crash the frame (or drive your car into your garage with the bike on top), you or preferably your dealer sends it to us, we replace it for a very fair price. The exact price depends on the model you crashed, and the model you replace it with (which is not always straightforward since you may very well crash a frame we no longer make). But we always seem to find a solution.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know cervelo's crash replacement policy? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
now that gives you (Gerard) lots of credit.
I crashed all kind of bikes, mostly Mountainbike and most of the time it's not worth to buy a replacement frame since the components are usually used and with the work and everything. So if I spend prime money I'll hope for prime service and this seems to be the case here.
You could have done a little better by acctually naming an example, for example if you crash your 2002 P3 you'll have to pay 50% for a new 2003 P3 or something like that.
But hey, I understand that you don't want to put yourself on the line...

good job
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know cervelo's crash replacement policy? [agret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply] You could have done a little better by acctually naming an example, for example if you crash your 2002 P3 you'll have to pay 50% for a new 2003 P3 or something like that.
But hey, I understand that you don't want to put yourself on the line...

good job[/reply]

I guess I could have done better, but I just didn't know the numbers off-hand. So for the example you bring up of breaking a P3 frame, the new P3 would be $1000. This is assuming you only damaged the frame, this does not include if say you also broke the aerobars. And no, it also does not include replacing the Zipp wheels shown in our P3 pictures :-).

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: thanks & the details [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

Many thanks for responding. The frame is an eyre tri. I was riding in a group ride, and a rider from behind me, while changing his gloves lost control and slammed into me. Luckily, I did not go down, but the frame is cracked. The dealer I am working with is IO sports Cary, NC and I have also spoken with Scott at Cervelo.

IO was not sure if the frame failed or if it would be considered for crash replacement since I did not technically crash or go down. I have not been able to get an answer from IO as to the specefics of the crash replacement policy. Your explanation regarding the frame no longer being carried helps to explain why it is not a straight forward issue.

Again Thanks,

Greg Sheehan
Quote Reply
Re: thanks & the details [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's probably because you hade a zipp disc on the back, since they come standard with all the cervelo bikes. Those zipps are so stiff that the frame broke not the wheel. You should consider trading your zipp for a Ritchey Aero DS, maybe cervelo will give you some cach back since they are less pricy, they are so good in customer service.
Quote Reply
Re: wheel [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fwiw - i was riding a hed jet wheel, since my rear training wheel had a pretty shredded tire from riding on the trainer. The wheel is toast just like the frame.

I am not sure what if any replacement credit I will be eligible for. Most likely it will be a chioce between the cervelo one or p2k. Well just maybe the p3, if the value of the eyre tri is inflated for its originality :-P.

Peace,

GS
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know cervelo's crash replacement policy? [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking as a dealer who sells Cervelo (which means I have to BUY them first before we can then sell them...) and as a cyclist/triathlete who has now bought three Cervelos for his personal use (P3, Soloist Team and R2.5) I can tell you that my expereinces with Cervelo customer service have been entirely positive and well above the industry standard. Specifically:

1. Cervelo keeps their word.
2. When there are delays in delivery (beyond their control mostly) they always offer an explanation and all the attendant information. They have done a good job of keeping us informed.
3. They do believe in their product and consequently do extra things to make sure our expereince as a dealer is good and our customer's ownership expereince is also good. For a "smallish" company (compared to Trek and Giant) this is very impressive.

The fact that Cervelo offers any kind of crash replacement discount is pretty impressive. The fact that the owner of the company monitors this and other forums and responds promptly and candidly to consumer questions is even more proof that Cervelo is serious about making sure people understand and enjoy their ownership expereince. People sometimes say this forum is "pro Cervelo" or unfairly slanted in favor of Cervelo. Well, it is an open forum- Where are all the other manufacturers? I know some are lurking, but few are contributing regularly. I am a Cervelo fan for good reasons. I make no excuses but offer strong reasons why I think they are an excellent company.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know cervelo's crash replacement policy? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is possibly the biggest butt kiss I have ever seen on this site. Why dilute Gerard's excellent response by going over the top? Excuse me while I hurl.....
Quote Reply
Forget Cervelo... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...what I want to know is what Ferrari's crash replacement policy is. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know cervelo's crash replacement policy? [Buzzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Point taken my friend, but allow me to respond: I sell Cervelos and I want to sell more. May I respectfully request that you point out what of my above statements are not true and correct? And I would not kiss Gerard's butt. I don't even know him.
My perspective is, give the people the credit they are due.... I think they earned everything I posted here.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]That is possibly the biggest butt kiss I have ever seen on this site. Why dilute Gerard's excellent response by going over the top? Excuse me while I hurl.....[/reply]

Dude, show some respect (and class). It's people like Tom and Gerard who make this forum worth going to. I am one of the people who constantly point out that everyone on this site seems to ride Cervelo but that probably just means that Cervelo makes a great bike.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know cervelo's crash replacement policy? [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy quick draw....

I was only ribbing Tom as he noted the same. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Gerard and Tom is earning honors. I count on that bike 30 times a year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey dude, no worries. As Dan Empfield once told me (and as is often evident from the stuff I write) I'm a pretty opinionated and passionate guy. -Not always 100% percent right, but at least 100% sincere.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know cervelo's crash replacement policy? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not always 100% right? I'd think 51% will get you through life just fine. There once was this guy who started a job at Shell's headquarters, and in his first week he made a huge mistake that cost $6,000,000. so his manager called him to his office, and the guy said he understood he would have to be fired. To which his manager responded "Fire you after spending $6,000,000 on your education? No way. Just don't make the same mistake twice, there are so many mistakes to choose from".

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply