Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Interested to see what happens this year..
Quote | Reply
to Mcrae both road racing and as he says doing tris. To live the life of a pro..........

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...ews/?id=channmcrae03
Quote Reply
Re: Interested to see what happens this year to MacRae [CS7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtri.com has also a new article about Chann MacRae :

http://www.xtri.com/article.asp?id=867
Quote Reply
Re: Interested to see what happens this year.. [CS7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I respect the guy. Incredible. Some people live in envy of the pros but I have to tell you, from the distant, outside view of those women and men's lives it is an extremely difficult one. I remember when Frankie Andreu visited our store after his third Tour de France. I've known Frankie a long time. He didn't look good. He was pale, skinny and his posture was suddenly that of a 70 year old man. The white part of his eyes was slightly yellow. He looked like shit. I told him, "Dude, you look like you need something to eat..." Those women and men work super, super hard. I could never do that day in and day out.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Aging [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,

Interesting observation.

I recall meeting Greg Lemond at Interbike one year. It was a year or so after he had officially bowed out of professional cycling. I say this respect - What struck me, was how "old" he looked. We are the same age, but Greg looked from my perspective so much older. The lines on his face were much deeper and he had this really gaunt and tired look to him. Granted we all age differently - that seems to be genetically set. However, I have to wonder if training at that level - the level required for success internationally in an endurance sport such as cycling - can age you prematurely.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Interested to see what happens this year.. [CS7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No question that McRae has the potential to do great things. It will be very interesring to see what he can do this year. Unlike Steve Larsen, McRae can swim and with a bit of work can be with the leaders heading out on the bike. This is a huge advantage. Larsen despite a decent amount of work on his swimming over the past two years is still giving up a big chunk of time at the start of the bike leg.

I really hope that ALL the key players make it through healthy and fit this year for IMH. If everyone does, it could be an outstanding race this fall in Kona. We have really not had ALL the key players toe the starting line now for a few years.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply