Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheeler bikes?
Quote | Reply
Just saw an ad for a Wheeler T1 - titanium 650 wheel frame online (it was real inexpensive at $285 for frame and fork). I figure it might be a good option to build up a ti-frame bike for riding in crummy weather or on my trainer. Anyone ever ridden one of these or know anything about Wheeler bikes?
Quote Reply
Re: Wheeler bikes? [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I was in college I worked at a bike shop, we briefly carried the wheeler Mountain Bikes, Price was inexpensive at that time also (10 years ago). I am not sure if it is the same company today, but we didn't have a bike returned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am riding a wheeler T62, as far as I know it is a similar geometry in steel. Mine is not aero or light but very stiff and relieable maybe just what you wanted. My Frame is made in Taiwan and designed in the Swiss. Iam riding a steep setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Karin Thuerig (IM France winner) supposedly rides a Wheeler. I was looking at the same from from Chucks. I have his Tsunami tri frame, nice frame. Let me know what you think if you get it. There's a guy on the TNO forum that had a bike built up from Chuck with that frame. He says its great.

- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke
Quote Reply
Re: Wheeler bikes? [chris in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thos wheelers were designed by the german tech.-guru Jürgen Falke, editor of the german version of Triathlete. Ralf Eggert, a strong german duathlete and european top-athlete rode a titanium wheeler for a while, and did good at it. It´s a classic setup with steep angle, 1 inch headset, quite small diameter tubing and nice welds.

For the price it´s a good offer.

Regards

Martin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought one. It was shipped yesterday so maybe I can append this thread in a week or so.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheeler bikes? [BillT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info .... Let me know what you think Bill.
Quote Reply