Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What you crave - (food)?
Quote | Reply
Okay...for LeMond we know it was Dairy Queen. But for all of the rest of us...when your workout or race is really starting to suck and you start focusing on the one thing that you are totally going to gorge on when you're done to pull you through the last hour...what is it?

Me: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza with Jalapenos and a 6 pack of Rolling Rock

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Re: What you crave - (food)? [MattMiz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taco Bell. Good baklava. coffee. Hamburgers.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"when your workout or race is really starting to suck and you start focusing on the one thing that you are totally going to gorge on when you're done to pull you through the last hour...what is it?"

Can't really say food or the thought of it has ever been something to pull me through. If I had to pick something though it would be an ice cold beer. Especially after a hot race day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Food cravings never seem to get me to me during a workout. It more likely tho hit about a half hour after..... and then it's pizza and ice cream! Although, with my current calf problem and no running I'm keeping away from that stuff so I don't bulk up too much :) My kids would be with Tom on the Taco Bell craze so I end up there a lot too.... 7 layer burritos are awesome refuellers .... until you need to go on a long run the next day.
Quote Reply
Re: What you crave - (food)? [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tuna fish with diced up green olives and a little bit of mayo....mmmmmmm

(that is at this moment...just swam 4400 yeards, did upper body weights and 45 minute run.)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I crave Popeye's spicy chicken with red beans and rice, cajun rice and mashed potato gravy on top of the cajun rice. I dip my biscuit in the red beans and rice. Wash it down with a 40oz. Colt 45 or King Cobra. Come to think of it, I think I know why I can't seem to lose that extra weight.
Quote Reply
Re: What you crave - (food)? [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never craved or thought about food while training. Usually it's "thank god, there's only 100 metres left to swim."

However, regular cravings are: McDonald's breakfast (sausage McMuffin with 2 hash browns mmmmm), chocolate fudge cookies, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate ice cream, chocolate in general. The breakfasts I try to keep down to once only every 2 months, but the cookies or chocolate are usually daily, but in very small doses (one or two cookies, or one small chocolate like a turtle)

Now I think I have to go have a cookie. Damn you and your question!!!

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geez... I can hear some of these posters arteries harding from where I'm at Laugh

For me, I prefer a sugar high:

Apple pie, chocolate browny's and a strawberry/bannana shake as a chaser Tongue

... something about revolting in my adulthood... I find nothing wrong with desert before the main course.

FWIW Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Salty Hawaiian food, kalua pig, with plenty rice. And for dessert, chocolate peanut butter shake.

Aloha
Quote Reply
Re: What you crave - (food)? [CS7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on the time of day but...

A huge breakfast burrito with real bacon (I mean the thick stuff, almost a quarter inch, I have no idea where they get it) and fresh made salsa.

Quarter Pounder with Cheese

Jamba Juice Orange Berry Blitz

A Double Double with onions and pickles

And beer. Mmmmm beer. This one really hurts as I've made some stupid deal with myself to not drink until July 27th. Damn you Triathlon!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
never really think about food. Cold drink, Jamba Juice Protein Berry Pizzaz for a quick refuel, then a nice shower. But then again I like nothing better than riding my bike for 6-8 hours in the mountains just for the hell of it. sucking is sitting in my office on a sunny day for 9 hours, any thing else is fantastic

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: What you crave - (food)? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In-N-Out Double Double animal style, fries, and a choclate shake.. every Saturday after beating the crap outta my body in the Santa Monica mountains for 6 hours. Make it a 3x3 after races.. that's right, 3 paties and 3 slices of chesse.. yum!
Last edited by: mpanoff: Feb 19, 03 23:42
Quote Reply
Re: What you crave - (food)? [mpanoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
make me home sick

I miss riding Stunt to Rambla Pacifica or up Latigo, or
Mullholland north of Malibu canyon up to the line shack in Ventura

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: What you crave - (food)? [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been climbing Latigo for weeks now with the LA Tri Club, fantastic climb.. Fernwood off of Topanga was recently repaved, steeper than Latigo but not as long.. comes down the backside on Stunt to Mullholand.. haven't climbed up Stunt. Might do Latigo, to Peter Strauss Ranch then up Stunt.. then down Fernwood.. that'll be some seriously brutal stuff. I never stay very long on Mullholand, should explore some more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wendy's single with cheese, biggie fries, Frosty.
Pizza works well too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny it's greasy hamburgers and I never eat them
Quote Reply
Re: What you crave - (food)? [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ain't picky, just don't block the fridge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
donuts ice cream or soda

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TJ's blister peanuts, fruits, eggs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here in Cincinnati it's gotta be Skyline chili and Graeter's ice cream!
Quote Reply