Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More Guiness arrives in my hands. Brilliant!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brilliant!

Dan
póg mo thóin
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your choice of wine sounds good.

I have a CD to share - Loreena McKennitt's Winter Garden - here are some short clips:
http://www.quinlanroad.com/...n/godrestyemerry.mp3

http://www.quinlanroad.com/...oodkingwenceslas.mp3

She is awesome!
Last edited by: PoolDog: Dec 23, 06 13:47
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [PoolDog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not bad---she sounds like the Evanescence singer!

Perhaps it's the other way around, or something like that...but pretty good stuff nonetheless.
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She is Canadian - and has a distinct Celtic style. I have almost all of her CDs. Glad you like those!!
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [PoolDog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I'm late. I was having a hard time getting here. Jet lag is a bitch and elephants move too slow.

Thanks for the ring. Record10, you shouldn't have! xo

"It is not the great things we do in life that really matter, it's the small things we do with a great heart..."-Mother Theresa
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [slowbern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great picture of the Steelhead Finishline! Hope this was your Christmas Card Picture! Z
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [SRQ_3sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman California 70.3 is still open
Ironman Florida 70.3 is still open
Whirlool Steelhead 70.3 is still open
Timberman 70.3 is still open, but not for long -

Damm - who stole my last Bud Light!!!! Where's Kgrog maybe he'll go out and get some more for the party wearing his speedo. Z
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Someone better crank up the tunes. The gals of Slowtwitch are going to start a dancing contest. I know Trailbait will be in on this one. Where is that girl? Is Jodi all danced out or can she handle a little bit more? Can we get Kittycat out of the kitchen long enough to do some real dancing?"

Phew, after driving through Colorado, New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma, I'm ready for a little dancing. Where are all our buff Clydes?
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Where are all our buff Clydes?

Playing strip twister? eewwww......
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In an effort to make it to the party last night, I fell to the ground while climbing into my mom's SUV. My ankle now looks like an egg, and it's not even Easter. I am busy icing and elevating, icing and elevating, compressing, icing and elevating my ankle. I'll try to pop by in a few days...I'll be the one wearing hightops.

"You're faster than you think!" --Nike
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [trigrrlpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've just walked in, where's the beer?
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,

You are not seriously drinking Bud Light? I know, I know, a long time ago they where a big sponsors of triathlon and you being a brand guy and working for the big G, I know you like to support those who support the sport and all, but you have to move with the times, my friend. There are so many great beers out there. If you are going to drink Bud Light, you might as well just drink some dirty soda water!

I am heading to the bar again. I heard a rumour that good old Speedy, from the Ontario posse showed up with some more Creemore - now that's a beer!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck -

Old Habits die hard - Bud Light sponsored my early races and also sponsored a beach volleyball series that I worked on! Even though, all of the people I worked with have left AB, I still feel very thankfull for the support I received from Bud Light!

Bud Light was the major sponsor of triathlons in the early days - the Bud Light USTS Series and the Bud Light Ironman. Talk to Tinley, Molina, and Dave Scott - (yes Dave was wearing a Bud Light visor in 1989 during the IronWar race againt Mark Allen) about the support they got from Bud Light in the 80's.
I would even say, that without Bud Lights' support in the 80's - triathlon would not have caught on and became mainstream!!

The most important thing I say at each pre-race meeting to athletes is this - "Please support the sponsors of this race"

So - buy a Whirlpool applicance, purchase a Ford, drink Gatorade, wear a Timex watch, invest with Janus.......and support the local sponsors for your local races in 2007!

Bring some more Bud Light to the party!!!
I'll go to my grave with a Bud Light bottle in my hand! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone get this man a beer and make him stop working! Aw crap, now he's starting to hang sponsor banners everywhere. Oh well, it is a tri party. Wouldn't be an event without the sponsors. Would someone fetch me a gin and Gatorade Lemonade, please? Oooooh looky, a plate of holiday Fig Newtons!

Last edited by: Football Mom: Dec 24, 06 17:23
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [Football Mom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I knew that I forgot something in the Gator - the sponsor banners for the party - I'll be right back! Is this an InfinIt or Gatorade sponsored party??Thanks for reminding me Football Mom!! - Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
InfinIT for sure :) and if Ohio State wins the National Championship, Mike is sure to bring vats of his nectar for free I'm sure ...

Last "real" ST party I was at (at Marisol's house), he brought samples. Kittycat and Marisol divided up the stuff into plastic zip lock baggies. I felt a little criminal holding the little baggies of white powder, especially seeing Paulo with his :0

Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha, how funny you mention those little baggies. Evan cleaned out a kitchen cabinet today and afterwards approached me with several baggies full of white powder. he said, "and these are???" it was quite funny. i said, "you know you're a triathlete when you have pre-measured baggies full of sports drink ready to go at a moment's notice".

he was not amused (my tri crap really is everywhere. hehehe).

merry christmas!
kitty

PS--i didn't eat any swedish fish today. but did eat 3 cookies. (yes, i do always tattle on myself).
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mmm Beer, off to the dance floor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank God, the ST Virtual Chrismas party has FINALLY fizzled out.

Just in time too... I heard the guy who wrote the From Addict to Ironman book was in the bathroom doing some lines.
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [Picasso_Bull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"You're still here? It's over! Go home! Go....!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a year of virtual everything is this tradition not worthy of revival?
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowtwitch Virtual Christmas Party 2006 [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zulu wrote:
In a year of virtual everything is this tradition not worthy of revival?

In keeping with the theme of the rest of my life, while everyone was partying I was exercising. Xmas of 2006, was when I was starting the first footsteps of the first 100/100
Quote Reply

Prev Next