Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Music to motivate [MattMiz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've gotta be kidding! I'd listen to Kenny G. if I wanted to motivate myself to commit suicide, or maybe to get psyched up for a trip to the dentist or a ride in an elevator.

I've taken to running lately with an mp3 player and earphones. Best motivator so far is "Beds are Burning" by Midnight Oil, although that's the only song of theirs I actually like.

American's are definately infekting the world with there English grammer.
Last edited by: tri_taiwan: Feb 21, 03 5:57
Quote Reply
Re: Music to motivate [Smitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm gonna bump this thread, because race season is starting, and I wanna hear some more songs

Personally I like to listen to Techno/RNB/Trance, but some rock;
  • Crystal Method - Cherry Twist
  • Crystal Method - Sidewinder
  • Crystal Method - Name of the Game
  • Fayboy Slim - Right Here, Right Now **Great song right here, a little on the quieter side*
  • DJ Tiesto - In My Memory
  • DJ Tiesto - Sparkles
  • Hoobastank - Crawling in the Dark
  • Prodigy - Breathe
  • Bon Jovi - Livin' On a Prayer
  • Bon Jovi - It's my life
  • Saliva - Always

Lets hear of some more songs
Last edited by: freestyle: Mar 31, 03 8:50
Quote Reply
Re: Music to motivate [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll let my gender gap hang out.

biking music: Bach, if you are not into classical, get a CD by Bachbusters. What you get is TEMPO. Terrific for picking up and maintaining your cadence.

running: sound track from "Last of the Mohicans" . Dont' play it if you want to run slow because it drives you forward. I am the chief running through the woods with my son and Hawkeye. Of course, in this dream world, I am the last of Mohicans, an old guy.
Bill
Quote Reply
Re: Music to motivate [Oldaveguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know how old is old, but reading this thread is starting to make me feel old. I have no idea who most of these groups are. My picks:

4 Way Street CSNY
Live at The Filmore 1968 Santana
almost anything by Neal Young
Inna godda davida (sp) long version
Quote Reply
GENDER gap??? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What gender are you then????

or

Please put your gender gap back in!!!!

J/K

Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Music to motivate [Navi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, let's see, for getting motivated/psyched or just to keep me going while running or on the trainer ... I like stuff from Metallica, Godsmack, Creed, Sepultura, Deftones, Disturbed, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Slayer, Rollins Band, Ministry, Helmet, Tool, Guns N Roses, Systematic, Fudge Tunnel, The Cult, Nailbomb, Danzig, and probably a few others I've neglected to mention ... and I play it all at a volume level of 11!!
Quote Reply
Re: GENDER gap??? [Richard R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the help Richard,
One of the hazards of getting old is word swapping. I ment generation gap but I suspect you knew that. You gave me a smile and I take help from all quarters. If only I could have come up with a clever repartee using my gapped gender.
Bill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any and all of these great bands take me to the best places during my indoor bicycle training:

Radiohead
Fugazi
Chemical Brothers
Minutemen
Sonic Youth
Drunken Boat
Lungfish
Husker Du

-Tripoet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't do much these days on the trainer, but If I did or I was stranded on some Island for an extened period of time these are the disc's I would want to have with me.

Nusrat Fatah Ali Kahn - Musst Musst

As Falls Wichita,So Falls Wichita Falls - Pat Methany

Kraftwerk - The Re-Mixes ( alas, no Tour de France on this disk)

Bach - The Goldberg Variations, Glenn Gould, Piano

Goove Armada - Vertigo

Tears for Fears - Songs from the Big Chair

Cocteau Twins - Treasure or Four Calendar Cafe ( tough call)

Beatles - Abby Road

Led Zepplin - Houses of the Holy

Talking Heads - Remain In Light

David Byrne/Brian Eno - My Life in the Bush of Ghosts

Just 10 that come to mind. Next week it could be completely different. I am pulling from a collection of 300CD's and over 500LP's - yea vinyl baby. I never gave up on it!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun -- Beastie Boys. Works every time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter!
Quote Reply
Re: Music to motivate [3Sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny story. Back in my rowing days we used to take a 5000m ergometer test. The only comment about the test is that I'd rather do an Ironman any day of the week and twice on Sunday than get back on that torture device and do another 2500m or 5000m test.

Anyway, a teammate of ours played Wilson Philips "hold-on" (on repeat) while we were taking the test and I never pulled harder to get the heck out of the room so I would not have to listen to that song again. That was motivational. In fact, it was the best time I ever pulled.

Puddle of Mud has some good songs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little country can't hurt... Garth is the man!

Ain't Going down till the sun comes up- Garth Brooks

Standing Outside the Fire- Garth Brooks

Chatahoochee- Alan Jackson YEE HAW!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger!

Worked for Rocky, right?

What about Black Sabbath - Ironman?
Quote Reply
Re: Music to motivate [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My votes:

Metallica
Disturbed
Tool
Nickelback

Ideally- anything with a drum cadence of 100-105. It can get pretty aggravating when you're trying to hold a cadence over 100, and the dang song has a drum cadence of 90. Maybe I'm retarded, but that really screws me up.
To Tom's point about the impact of music on HR, when I'm really bored I'll put something vicious on like Metallica's "One" and get all pumped up (watch the heart rate go up 5-7 bpm), then half way through the song I'll try to concentrate and get the HR back to where it was before the song started. Great way to train controlling the Adrenaline rush.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on guys you gott aput on some pop punk and rap

Blink 182
Box Car Racer
50 Cent
Ja Rule/Ashanti
Green Day
Garbage
TuPac

For the longer runs might I suggest
Nirvana, Wallflowers, and the Eagles
I have a 64MB mp3 player and usually have only a couple songs by each artist. but you gotta keep high tempo stuff going.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This will probably seem funny coming from a forty-something dad, but anything from The Prodigy's "Fat of the Land" and then afterwards cool it all down with something like Andrea Boccelli and Sarah Brightman's "Time to Say Goodbye"...

(Boy, that's going from one end of the spectrum to another isn't it?!)

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply

Prev Next