Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$100 Heart Rate Monitor
Quote | Reply
Are there any decent heart rate monitors for around $100 or preferably less? I purchased a Polar A5 and decided before I even worked out with it that it did not have enough features.
Quote Reply
Re: $100 Heart Rate Monitor [joelface] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used a sports instument monitor for 2 years. It has been a good unit for me. They have several with different features. I have one of the top end ones.

Jon Bergmann
http://jonbergmann.com
Quote Reply
Re: $100 Heart Rate Monitor [JBergmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just oredered a Polar S120 from www.heartratemonitorsusa.com for $85 with free shipping. Had all the bells & whistles I needed. Of course, they have other models too.
Last edited by: Mac: Feb 18, 03 11:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the S-120. It has all the bells and whistles I need for a good price and is simple to use. I would recommend buying (seperately) the holder for the bike (something like $10).
Quote Reply
Re: $100 Heart Rate Monitor [Ben in WI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I was thinking about the S120. Sounds like a good deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timex 50 lap. Less than $80 at Walmart. Works really well, does basic watch stuff much better than the polar, and HR is more reliable IMO. You will not be disappointed. I tried the Polar S-150 but it was just not reliable.

I went through three HRMs last year - be sure you buy yours at a place with a good return policy because you will probably need it.
Quote Reply