Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race Walking in Ironman
Quote | Reply
Anybody know of anyone who has done Race Walking in Ironman's or other triathlons. I have to stop running,6 knee surgeries are enough, but I want to still do tri's.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Walking in Ironman [mad85704] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL LOL LOL

Heck....

Thats MOST of us!!! last year at IMLP I met a woman who had knee surgury who "race walked" the marathon - she was about a 12:30 if I recall right.

No shame at all in walking, crawling, rolling, limping...just get to that finish line.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go for it! MANY people are walking at most ironmans.

I remember the old Carolina Triathlon. It had the steepest hills I had ever seen on the run. They were to steep to run up without your HR pegging, and too steep to run down without getting hurt. I was in 3rd or 4th overall on the second lap of the 6.2 mile run when a guy race walking passed me. All I could do was laugh. So much for that great bike split.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Dave McGovern's web page (listed below). He recently gave a clinic in our area. There are tons of racewalkers who can fly and the sport puts much less stress on your hips and knees than running. It would sure be worth learning to remain in a sport you love. www.members.aol.com/rayzwocker/worldclass/homepage.htm

Also check www.racewalk.com. Good luck! sg
Quote Reply
Re: Race Walking in Ironman [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that women at LP last year. she was walking very fast and passing people that were running. Go for it... you will be suprised how many people you pass
Quote Reply
Re: Race Walking in Ironman [surfer girl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that is an OLD web address! :-) I'm at http://www.racewalking.org now since about... forever.
Incidentally... I have a new book coming out (The Complete Guide to Competitive Walking) that has sections on walking during tris. Look for it! I used to get maybe one triathlete at my clinics every year, but in the past five year I've been getting one or two at every clinic. Walking in tris is definitely becoming a "thing"! --Dave McGovern
Quote Reply
Re: Race Walking in Ironman [rayzwocker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would expect an old web address in a 17 year old thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Walking in Ironman [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I would expect an old web address in a 17 year old thread.

He has to flog his book somehow, even if it means shoehorning it into a thread that has been dead for 17 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Walking in Ironman [peaches] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peaches wrote:
I saw that women at LP last year. she was walking very fast and passing people that were running. Go for it... you will be suprised how many people you pass

“Walking with purpose” beats the “Survival Shuffle” and the “Death March” every time... and it sure beats Aquabike for a triathlete ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Race Walking in Ironman [Wild Horse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am more curious how a thread from 2003 got bubbled up?! That is some serious browsing!
Quote Reply
Re: Race Walking in Ironman [SwizBeats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems like the guy who reanimated it was looking to hawk his book.
Quote Reply
Re: Race Walking in Ironman [trois_pample] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trois_pample wrote:
It seems like the guy who reanimated it was looking to hawk his book.

Like the other person who reanimated several nutrition threads a week ago in order to drive traffic to his website.
Quote Reply