Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Renn comments, question
Quote | Reply
Recently received my Renn disc after a long wait. The new decals are way sexier than the older style still shown in the print ads. Two questions:

I keep my rev-x wheels waxed. I planned on doing the same for the disc, but wanted to make sure that smoothing over the little honeycomb dimples would not reduce the efficiency of the disc. This may be a really stupid question, but hey, you don't know until you ask.

Where can I find an angle adapter to inflate a tube? I know that I've seen them, but can't put my finger on the source. Frank could have a nice little add-on business selling them with the wheel.

Many thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Renn comments, question [DougT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doug, I don't know about waxing them, but, I found a neat way to attatch a magnet. I have my speed sensor on the chainstay, and I put a magnet in the cutout for the tube stem...put a piece of foam in there to hold it still and cover it with tape! Works great...at least for speeds up to 38mph!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The "hash-pipe" lookin adapter can be purchased from Colorado Cyclist...

SILCA adapter chuck for disc wheels-Presta http://www.coloradocyclist.com/...6,359&TextMode=0
Quote Reply
Re: Renn comments, question [xian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I knew the forum would come through for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doug (or even better, Frank), do you have a picture of the new logo?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[quote]The new decals are way sexier than the older style still shown in the print ads[/quote]

Are the new decals the three yellow 'Renn' (all 120 degree) on the disc? I saw a disk with this decals in the american tri magazine and wondered if this are special decals or a newer 'model'.
Quote Reply
Re: Renn comments, question [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the three decals that came on mine are like that, and mine is less than 3 months old...must be the new ones!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Waxing is contraindicated for optimum aerodynamics, as I recall.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Renn comments, question [xian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So here is my question, when you flat out on the road/during a race, how do you fill it? Do yo carry an extra adapter with you? Will it work with a co2 inflater?

Philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First of all, congratulations for picking such a great product. I am sure that you fel the same enthusiasm and surprise that you got so much wheel for so little money.

Don't wax it. First of all, you'll never get rid of the residue. Second, it is of no aerodynamic advantage. A slightly rough surface is actually better (as a small amount of controlled drag makes a layer of air to make it more slippery by virtue of that layer of air).

Second, Frank suggests that you take the valve, bend it out, then put your pump head on. I don't mean to bend the metal of the vavle, but you can move the valve just a bit. This works a lot better than the "hash pipe".

I know that this is not an answer to this question, but I saw it elsewhere in the thread: flat inflation; what tool? I would get a simple 90 degree inflator that takes a threaded CO2. Innovations makes one, and it is simple to operate and very cheap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
with the clincher version use a 48mm long valve tube. when you have to inflate just pull the end of the valve out a bit and use a regular pump. we do have some of the crack pipes and if you want i can send you one but you really don't need it.

i do have some pictures of the new graphics if anyone wants to see them. shoot me an email and i can send it your way.

and i would not recomend waxing. doesn't help as far as drag and the residue would be imposible to remove. just keep it clean and cover the valve hole with some duct tape for absolute performance.

thanks, frank
Quote Reply