Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Active Reflex. Therapy...equivalent?
Quote | Reply
O.K., I'm willing to give this ART stuff a try... but, one big problem. When I did a search for a local provider of this type of therapy, the closes source for this service is about 5-6 hrs. away drive time or 1-2 hrs. fly time. Now, that makes it a tad bit unreasonable to make a bi-monthly visit. So, my question is this. Is there an equivalent form of therapy? If so, what would it be called and who would provide such an ART equivalent? I certainly hope it is more generic and easier to find than a practitioner of ART therapy.

Joe Moya
Last edited by: Joe M: Feb 14, 03 21:37
Quote Reply
Re: Active Reflex. Therapy...equivalent? [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Joe,

I am late on a reply :\, but I will share what I know. Active Release Technique is like a combination of neuromuscular massage and Bonnie Pruddens myotherapy (trigger point and stretch). Several chiropractors have studied ART and use it in their practice. They may not advertise if they haven't completed the coursework. So you might be able to find a chiro in your area that is still learning the technique.

Myotherapy isn't the same but is great stuff.

www.bonnieprudden.com

I hope that I was able to help you out for a change.

Good Luck Joe!

Colleen
Quote Reply
Active Reflex. Therapy...equivalent? Thanks n/m[Colleen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Active Reflex. Therapy...equivalent? Thanks n/m [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I understand, and I've been told by my Chiropractor who I go to for ART, Active Release Technique (ART) is the trademarked name for Myofascial Release Technique (MRT). From what I've been able to gather from the official ART website, the same guy that developed MRT techniques later developed ART. From what he says says on the website, the problem with MRT is that he didn't trademark it and control the training so now people do a lot of different things and call it MRT, whereas you have to go get certified to be an ART provider so patients will get the same treatment from any ART provider. Short answer- you can go to someone that does MRT, but it isn't certain to be the same as ART.

* disclaimer- I don't work for anyone that does ART, or own stock in ART (if this is even possible). I just had the same question myself a while back.[reply][/reply]
Quote Reply