Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fitness loss..how long?
Quote | Reply
Some help! A Question for the forum..

I was plowing through 12 weeks of solid base training then BAM! A major cold nailed me and totally stopped me from any training since last Friday. So far, I'm set back exactly 7 days of no training. I am finally getting better and will resume training on Monday. that will be 10 day's.

My question is how long until gained fitness starts to decline. I've heard between 7 day's and 10 day's there is little to no loss.

I plan to resume next week at HALF my normal training volume then increase back to full training volume the following week.
Quote Reply
Re: Fitness loss..how long? [Graz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have the Triathletes Training Bible, there's a good table about the rate of fitness loss for a variety of indicators. I'll see if I can find it and I'll post it. Unfortunately, I find it more depressing than encouraging.
Quote Reply
Re: Fitness loss..how long? [Graz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
During base training not enough of your energy systems are developed enough to make much of a difference. You have a good plan, start back with 1/2 to 2/3 volume, then increase by 10-25% each week after that until you're back to normal. Take is slow and don't worry about the lost fitness. The time at low intensity is the important thing at this time of year.

tommy
Quote Reply