Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wipperman Chains?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where I can find a stainless 8 sp ConneX chain? My LBS says Wipperman only makes 9 & 10 sp stainless (wants to sell me a SRAM), but that's not what Wipperman's web site says (ConneX 8X1). Some euro sites have it listed but I can't/don't want to order from overseas if possible. The UK distributor site says the 9 sp chains are compatible with 8 sp. None of the main US web retailers seem to have it.

Dan praised the 10 sp chains in a review (10/02) and Bicycling mag thinks they're hot too. Anyone else have experience/knowledge about 'em? I have a nickel Wipperman on my old 7 sp and it's been great - very nice for cleaning bike/chain and shipping too.
Quote Reply
Go for the SRAM [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used the Wipperman for almost two years now and been very happy. I haven't seen an 8 speed version for sale that I can remember and a quick check of the usual sites didn't find one.

I would go for the SRAM. Others on this site have used it and been very happy. I wouldn't use the nine speed chain on the eight speed bike. That is likely asking for trouble.
Quote Reply
Re: Wipperman Chains? [milo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$16.88 for the nickel version at Lickton's Bike's, www.lickbike.com.

Ben H

Christian, Husband, Father, Ranger, Triathlete
Last edited by: Ben H: Feb 14, 03 18:06
Quote Reply