Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone watch survivor?
Quote | Reply
Can't believe how bad those macho guys got there butts kicked by the gals in the first event. They were so far ahead until the balance beam. What's that tell ya.

Any bets on the tri coach winning the million? Anyone else notice that the first photo take of him, he was the guy wearing Oakleys?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone watch survivor? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey there,

You beat me to it. DAMN!!!! There goes my angle to try and get onto Survivor. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post that there was a triathlete on the show. Only was able to watch the first 15 minutes of it, as I went for my swim. Can't wait to see the rest of it tomorrow on tape.

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My whole family is a group of Survivor junkies so we watched it. Never mind how badly the guys lost. I thought they embarrassed the males of our species by their trash talking long before any competitions started. At least the triathlete didn't seem too intent on being over-macho so those of us who swim-bike-run don't have to feel embarrassed too.

The women did a great job in the transition but I couldn't believe how dense they were with the deal lady on their team. Not one of them thought that when it gets dark they would have to get close to her to speak and then the next morning they all just walked off to find wood and left her out of the loop. The men weren't the only ones with something to be ashamed of, their's was just more obvious.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone watch survivor? [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw survivor last night for the first time-never saw any of the other episodes, EVER! mostly because I hate reality TV and because TV in general I believe is a waste of time (this coming from a former TV junkie-before I found triathlon)

The only reason I watched it was because a guy I graduated with in high school is on it-Rob certernino. Weird seeing him on the show. He had that magic eightball back then!!!

I did find it comical the job titles that they give these people-like the rocket scientist. the kid is 22, just graduated from college-no masters/phd or anything. in reality he is the assistant to the assistant to the flunkie to the rocket scientist's grad students in his lab. I know because I was one (for biochemistry).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know anything about this Alex Bell as a triathlon coach rather than as Survivor cast member? A quick web search yields very few results for the gentleman that are not related to the Survivor show.

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone watch survivor? [TonyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's been much discussed on R.S.T. You can find info on him there.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone watch survivor? [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is R.S.T?

Adam
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone watch survivor? [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yarf,

I believe RST is the newsgroup rec.sport.triathlon - but I could only find one rather brief thread there on Alex Bell.

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope. I don't watch junk TV. What a waste of time "reality" TV is. How about showing the full Ironman race - that's real.

Actually I was at the pool swimming.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone watch survivor? [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try this sight

http://groups.google.com/...oogle.com%26rnum%3D1

That's the thread about alex bell - survivor

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having the guys and girls separate has actually made it bearable to watch as I support the guys and my wife the girls. But what a bunch of plonkers and the production is appalling. All this rubbish about alliances is the most boring stuff out. Out of 3 days filming we get to hear Bill talking to Bob about Ben not liking Bill. It's the same with his coverage of the Eco-challenge. Amazing race in beautiful scenery. So what do we get to see. Somebody complaining about somebody else all the time rather than the nitty gritty of the race. Imagine if Phil Leggit spent the whole of his T de F coverage describing how Pierre and Phillipe are upset with Jean-Paul as he used their razors once.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone watch survivor? [Paul in AD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI on Alex of Survivor: Alex works (or worked) in a bar in LA. He completed 1 triathlon that anyone knows of...Wildflower Olympic disctance in around 3 1/2 hours. His occupation listed as "triathlon coach" was due to his involvement in TNT....guess he helped out some of the newbies (of which he was obviously one of). One wonders if the network came up with the "Triathlon Coach" scheme to make him seem "athletic"
Quote Reply