Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Windproof tights?
Quote | Reply
Speaking of endless winter, I'm finding that the nice, warm tights I have that took me all through last winter aren't cutting it this year. Those days with single-digits temps and below zero windchills really necessitate a little something more. I've been trying to find some Patagonia Wind Shield tights, but they don't appear to make them anymore. Can't find any closeouts of them at any discount places either. And it seems that sugoi, peral izumi, etc don't have true windproof tights, from what I can see.

Anyone know of a company that makes windproof tights? And, even better, a web outlet to buy them on the cheap?

Thanks!!

Dave

(Of course, once I get some windproof tights it will warm up and stay warm, but that's fine too. You know, the umbrella effect.)
Quote Reply
Re: Windproof tights? [Ginsu Dave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.mec.ca/...;bmUID=1045153279549

Great for running and MTBing in the Great White North

Shawn Skene
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exteondo gore wind proof pants..........................very warm, but a little tight on the knees. It's an italian company, but sorry I dont know where you can see their catalogue.............hopefully I've spelled it right?
Quote Reply
Re: Windproof tights? [canwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.bicyclinghub.com/etxeondostore.html

and

bullteksports.com

are the two places I have seen with Exte Ondo things. They are the first company that I have found with a lycra power bike short, which sounds really nice.

And, they are a Basque company!!

Meg.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought Performance Brand Wind proof tights and have been in about 20 degrees totally warm and cozy.
Quote Reply
Re: Windproof tights? [oeight44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might try Campmor (www.campmor.com) or another site I think is called Sierra trading company, or something like that. They both have a limited selection, but often really good closeout deals, and they carry Pearl Izumi and other biking and running gear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave:

Invest in a pair of Pearl Izumi AmFib tights. They are the best cold weather tights I own -- both pair. I've survived four Iditasport races in them and never got cold legs while racing. Their best feature is they're usable over a wide temperature range.
Quote Reply