Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newbie Question - shoe laces/shoes?
Quote | Reply
Okay, going to take the plunge and I have signed up for what I assume is a sprint distance tri on May 8 (500m/25K/5K) and I have soome shoe/accessory related questions. First, despite military experience and a couple marathons (3:30ish), I am not very expienced when it comes to shoes. While in the military, I went to the PX and Nike Air something or other was usually on sale so I bought them. Old habits are hard to break and I am probably going to catch grief for wearing Nike shoes but I currently wear these shoes in the gym and running:

http://www.finishline.com/...categoryId=cat300019

But I was considering purchasing a pair of these exclusively for running (but that is not my actual question):

http://www.finishline.com/...categoryId=cat300019

What I want to know what everyone uses as far as laces/lacing systems on their running shoes to help speed things up at T2? I went to trisports.com and looked at there lacing systems and wanted to get some opinions on what people thnks works and what does not!

Michael

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie Question - shoe laces/shoes? [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been running in Adidas shoes for a while, but just got a pair of new Asics Gel Magic Racers.

I also have been using Yankz for laces, very nice, very fast. I used to just use a lace lock type of thing on regular laces, but find the elastic Yankz are faster, easier, and more comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie Question - shoe laces/shoes? [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gel magic racers.....efernando's run is getting better, i guess i need a new bike.....nice choice on the shoes though, i've been using them for years (5 now) and they seriously rock

-arce
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie Question - shoe laces/shoes? [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using Yankz! for the last couple of seasons, on all of my running shoes. They've worked great, and I have no complaints. Very fast, and very comfortable.

-
It is said that if you want to know what you were doing in the past, look at your body now; if you want to know what will happen to you in the future, look at what your mind is doing now. - H.H. Dalai Lama
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie Question - shoe laces/shoes? [runswim1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How's it going? Are you going to be racing in my neck of the woods again this summer (hope not)? I had a pair of the older Magic Racers and loved them, so now I am back. I think my running is improving, not quite up to your standards yet, hopefully you haven't gotten too much faster on the bike. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie Question - shoe laces/shoes? [cstetson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a combo of regular laces cut short, laced through the bottom 3-4 eyelets then knotted. For the top eyelets I use EZ laces. This allows a better fine tuned fit w/ less shoe slippage and still enables me to get into and out of my shoes in under 10 secs for the pair.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply