Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pose running method -- opinions?
Quote | Reply
I am writing a story for a national magazine about the Pose running method of Nicholas Romanov -- its benefits, drawbacks, all-round efficiency/inefficiency. I would like to interview people who use or have tried the method. It appears that triathletes (as usual) have been early adpoters of the Pose. Is it ready to breakout into the broader running world? What light can we shed on it ? My email is roywallack@aol.com, ph 949-854-1363.
Quote Reply
Re: Pose running method -- opinions? [roywallack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After an unyielding string of lower leg injuries, I have decided I have nothing to lose, so I might as well fidget with my running gait. Based on reading about pose and Gordon Pirie, I have tried adopting a bit of foward lean into my running, and hitting with my foot under my center of gravity. I recently performed a pretty striking experiment where I ran barefoot at the local indoor track. It was darn near impossible to heel strike. My natural running gait barefoot was, as far as I could tell, what I somewhat struggle to achieve with shoes on prescribing to the Pose method. I only did this for a 1/4 of a mile, so I want to experiment a bit more, but it seems to me that heel striking may in fact be encouraged by the design in shoes, and not by natural gait, which is what these two groups state (from my limited understanding of it all). If you are writing a story, it would be pretty easy for you to try the same thing. Compare your natural gait running barefoot to that with shoes on.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: Pose running method -- opinions? [roywallack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've posted on Pose both here and on the Crucible forum at length - a quick search ought to get you some good results. Feel free to contact me if you want more info on my Pose experience.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply