Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OT: Drunk Drivers [Dapper Dan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there is a EU?Middle eastern area country where the second offense for driving while impaired is death. I'd personally be for this in the US. Why should I have to fear for my life in my car or on my bike by someone who has had a few. You make a choice to drink, you make a choice to drink. It's about time the US stepped up to the plate and punished those that choose to choose unwisely. The punishment should be the same as killing someone wiht a knife, gun etc. Taking away their license doesn't stop the problem for habitual drinkers.
The US should look at some of the countries with extremely low crime rates and institue their penal codes.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: OT: Drunk Drivers [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Middle eastern area country where the second offense for driving while impaired is death."

So is adultry punishable by death, get caught stealing and your hand gets cut off, women have no rights and they can be divorced if their husband says "I divorce you" three times in public.

C'mon DD, don't you think you're being a little extreme. Here's another approach - in some countries rehab is mandatory for alcoholics and drug addicts because they are recognized that they are diseases. Rounding them up and putting them in mandatory rehab is probably a better approach IMHO.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Drunk Drivers [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the scariest things I've ever seen, while driving near palm springs on the eastbound 10 we saw some puffs of dusts a ways up the road. As we approach, we see cars swerving off the highway. Then we saw it, a big old caddy headed directly toward us. Some fool was so drunk he was driving in the wrong direction in broad daylight on a divided 6 lane highway. My only hope is noone got injured that day. There was really nothing we could do as it was impossible to follow him. To me this is the same thing as taken a loaded gun out and shooting it in a crowd.
Quote Reply

Prev Next