Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pro (entry) spotting...
Quote | Reply
Doing an early-season (here in the northeast, at least) duathlon, and the Web page lists some of the pros entered: Bianca Simpson, Cecily Tynan, Greg Watson, and Spencer Smith: http://www.piranha-sports.com/bvd.html

Glad I'm going off in the 4th wave...

For those of you who don't know Cecily Tynan (who is the defending champion at this race): http://www.carlos-bradley.com/endorsements.htm

She's the meteorologist for WPVI Channel 6 in Philly. Much better looking in person (I saw and got beat by her at a race last year).

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Pro (entry) spotting... [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter Reid is doing the Colombia tri in May. That's my frist race of the year and it'll be pretty cool racing with the world champion.

I'm pretty sure I can take him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

For those of you who don't know Cecily Tynan (who is the defending champion at this race
her head tube is huge! maybe Tom could fit her?!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro (entry) spotting... [Tom H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of world class athletes, Michael Phelps swam with me and a couple of friends at this morning's workout. He's pretty fast. Probably fair to say he is the fastest all-around swimmer ever. But who knows if he could handle open water swimming...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Cecily single? Man, those TV photos don't do her justice. She looks like she's about 16 riding the bike!!

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply
Re: Pro (entry) spotting... [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not that I'm an expert, but I do live in the Philly area.

1. she's married (and her husband plays rugby I hear!)

2. she has switched to Elite bikes, so I would guess tha headtube problem has been solved.

3. she's really tiny

4. she can run and bike pretty fast

5. it's always fun to trail a woman in a one piece, much better than a man in a speedo

If you like the race, come back in June and do Escape From Fort Delaware, it's our (sort of) answer to Alcatraz.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Pro (entry) spotting... [David in NY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh i'm sure phelps would blow away a world-class field of triathletes in open water, any distance. we're talking like a two minute lead after 1500 meters. Just like Lance would dominate in the bike, and an olympic 10k/marathoner would dominate on the run (but that assumes he/she makes it through the swim/bike), a world-class single-sport athlete is more than just one step above a world-class triathlete in that athlete's sport. It's just the way things work.

but so what was swimming with phelps like? did you swim the same workout, in the same lane? was he going hard? i'm probably more excited about watching him in the olympics than anyone else combined.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro (entry) spotting... [powerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phelps was with his coach in one lane and a couple of my friends and I were in another lane. We did 4,000 yards; he probably did 7,000 yards. He was mostly cruising along, though his coach is known as one of the most demanding coaches around. One observation: his turns are good, but not unbelievable. I am sure he is a much better LC swimmer than SC swimmer. The thing that I am mildly proud about is that no one else at the pool noticed a major difference between what he was doing and what we were doing.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro (entry) spotting... [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know we're all gear geeks here on Slowtwitch,

BUT!

You noticed her head tube? And I thought I was a sad bastard! :-)

A rippied honey like that in a bikini and you notice the bike? Get out more!

TriDork :-)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply