Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computer training software
Quote | Reply
Looking for good training software for tracking training and my progress. I used to use my computer but switched to hard copy training logs 4 years ago as the computer was a bit of a pain. Just wondering what people are using and any feedback, comments, tips that you might have.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Computer training software [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SportTracks.

Made for GPS, totally usable without.

More info to track than you'll ever use.

www.zonefivesoftware.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have been using it for about a year. i get my workouts emailed to me the day before and again the night before, but then again i am following one of their plans.

www.trainingpeaks.com

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Last edited by: nebmot: Sep 22, 06 17:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use an excel spread sheet that was posted on here last year. It's easy to use and graphs all of your workouts so it's easy to see your progression. PM me if you want it and I can shoot it to you on email.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zeropace.
[url]http://www.zeropace.com/[/url]

I've used quite a few other programs and Zeropace is the best. Highly recomended.

http://www.velokyniska.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using the Steven's Creek Athlete's Training Diary. I give it mixed reviews. It is simple and straightforward, which I do like, but it is a little lean on features.

The boggling thing about it, and I've used it for about 5 years now, is that there is a field to input Heart Rate Average for a workout in a pull down menu, but no way to configure it to chart it workout-to-workout and no where to enter it on the main input menu for daily entries. Weird. I've convinced myself I just haven't found it or aren't using it correctly. Sarah told me there is an addendum you have to by to enable the HR function in the log. Lame.

I've also toyed with the Garmin Training Center and the software that comes with Polar's 625X. Both are good but the Garmin (new version with the 305 GPS) is probably more fun to use and has nicer charts. It also gives you a map function which is entertaining and you can link to websites that enhance the functionality. You have to have a GPS unit though.

As far as I'm concerned, based on the little I've seen, the ultiimate computer training log is yet to be created.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply