Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New road geo. TT model Yaqui
Quote | Reply

For those of you interested in or using Slam geometry TT/Tri bikes, Yaqui (www.yaquiusa.com) just released the DL ... a Mariola in road geometry, very nice and I'm glad to see more options coming available.
Quote Reply
Re: New road geo. TT model Yaqui [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, I would love to sell these. I have been on the site and sent e-mails to the people who run the company (nice people) but they are pretty dialed into the internet only sales thing. I think Supergo also sells them. If I had these I could kick butt with them. These guys offer fit options not available anywhere else (such as this new bike). These are nice. I wish I could sell them (so I could have one too...).

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: New road geo. TT model Yaqui [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah they're very nice, great deal, good people.
Quote Reply
Time to pull a few strings... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Call up Ves. Tell him: "Come on. I'm a buddy of Dan's. I give great, free fittings to everyone who wants to buy a bike from me. People will love Yaqui if you only let me show them to the world! Please..."

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Time to pull a few strings... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent them another beggin e-mail. Maybe.... I get the first one.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Here's to hoping... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(Hoping that the 1st one he sends you is a 52, and in your great anguish about being too tall, you agree to let me have it for a song. )

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Here's to hoping... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh, you know, I would always help out a friend...
Happy New Year!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I read it isn't a road bike geometry but rather 76 degrees instead of 78 to make it ICU legal. A very nice option.
Quote Reply
Sweet... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I knew I could count on you, Tom!

Thanks for the wishes, and a happy and successful New Year to you as well.

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yaqui's rock. I got the Carbo last year after much research and couldn't be happier. To get a custom fit from Ves was one of the main reasons I went with Yaqui. Believe it or not this aluminum bike is more comfortable than my Ti Litespeed Vortex with curved rear stays. I have to force myself to take out the Vortex once in a while so it gets some use. btw Ves can make any of his bikes for you in a 76 degree seat tube if you need to be UCI legal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ves makes great bikes. I bought the Carbo last year. Custom fit. Absolutely love the bike. So much so, I had another Yaqui made for my wife. She's only 5'2" and has always had trouble finding a decent bike. Ves built her a custom w/ 650 wheels that fits like a glove.
Quote Reply
Re: New road geo. TT model Yaqui [Boz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
look over in classifieds. i've got a new mariola for sale, never been built up (the used one just got sold). i personally ride a carbo, very happy with it. i've got another one coming, experimental geometry, which we'll write about once i get some miles under it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I already know the answer to this question but, anyone know why Yaqui prefers to not sell to a few qualified local triathlon stores?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: New road geo. TT model Yaqui [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI: I sent an e-mail to Ves at Yaqui asking about selling their bikes and he was kind enough to send me a nice reply very quickly. Everything I've heard from people who have dealt with them has been very positive. I'll keep you guys posted.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply