Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"al Qaeda"
Quote | Reply
CNN reporting that high level "al Qaeda" forces are surrounded in the Pakistan-Afghanistan border area

Hearing Sky News reporting Ayman al-Zawahri surrenders to Pakistan

Ayman al-Zawahri is Osama bin Laden's second in command.

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Re: "al Qaeda" [flytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
now is time to drop a bomb on that bunch of murderers...(I guess I am meaner when I am hungry!)
Quote Reply
Re: "al Qaeda" [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on CNN, Reuters and AP it sounds shaky. The Paks are calling in arty on the positions. That's bad. I hope the 121 boys are there.

When darkness falls, they own the night.

The best thing that could happen would be if OBL and his associates were apprehended, arrested and brought to trail alive.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: "al Qaeda" [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, that's not Becca....

http://www.cnn.com/...n.alqaeda/index.html

In Reply To:
The best thing that could happen would be if OBL and his associates were apprehended, arrested and brought to trail alive.

How come?

I myself haven't decided whether it would be better to get him in front of a court, or just kill him. What's your reasoning?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just send in Bono, Sting, Sean Penn and Suasan Sarandin. They'll get it all cleared up and everyone crying on Opra in no time.

"Oh Opra if only hollywood would have gotten to me before 9/11 I would not have bombed those buildings."

Cleberity, instant genuis.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: "al Qaeda" [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you kill him he becomes a martyr. If he is caught he can't do anymore harm and he doesn't get to go to virgin heaven or whatever.

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: "al Qaeda" [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Catch him, blast him with a super-soaker filled with bacon fat and then kill him; admittance to virgin heaven would be denied.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: "al Qaeda" [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't you give him a sex change operation first?

Oh, sorry, I am the one who talks about not hating. Oops.
Quote Reply
Re: "al Qaeda" [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the martyrdom possibility is worrisome. But if you capture him and put him on trial, that's an awful lot of attention he's going to be getting in the global press. And imprisonment sure didn't seem to hurt Mandela's profile during Apartheid. ( I'm not equating Mandela and bin Laden, I'm saying being in jail doesn't necessarily remove one from the world's attention.)

It's a sticky problem. Maybe we should just capture him quietly and throw him in the deepest hole we can find, and don't tell anyone anything.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: "al Qaeda" [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it just me, or does No. 2 have a horny forehead, similar to that seen in Klingons? That might explain it.

Actually all we need to do is take some more video of an Army doctor checking for lice and cavities, and release it to CNN. Then make him disappear like Saddam.
Quote Reply
Re: "al Qaeda" [ssn759co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If memory serves, Skipper, Zawahiri already is (or at least was) a doctor. Perhaps we'd have more fun with CNN imagery of him checking his own body cavities prior to his disappearance.

V/r,

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: "al Qaeda" [Scott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah, he'd probably enjoy that too much. I do have a good triathlon buddy who is an Army MD serving in that shithole called Iraq right now. He'd probably be really happy to do a rigorous body cavity examination on No. 2.
Quote Reply
Re: "al Qaeda" [ssn759co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point. Of course, the best justice would be to let some female Afghani doctors "tend" to his needs (...as they flay him alive with rusty scalpels).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hell, in view of all the money made by "The Passion," why don't we have Mel Gibson do a "reality" version of the movie starring No. 2 as Jesus? Only difference would be that Mel wouldn't have to worry about special effects (or paying the actors driving the nails into him). Although it might be best to wait until we catch OBL for this starring role, and have the world movie opening in NYC on 9/11/04. Profits to go to humanitarian efforts in Iraq/Afghanistan. And 1% to the ST forum "hard core" for the idea, of course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. 2's own body cavities are the only places he has to hide now. Maybe we'll find Osama in their too.

At any rate, I hope when I wake up in the morning one more enormous chapter in human history comes to an end.

"We will bring them to justice, or bring justice to them."
President George W. Bush, Sept. 11, 2001.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply