Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo One or Felt S32 or....?
Quote | Reply
Thanks to a wonderful turn in irony in which an ex-girlfriend rear ended me last week and I'm going to be able to pocket some of the insurance settlement by doing my own repairs.... I'll just be able to squeak out enough benjamins (and add a few of my own) to buy an entry level tri-bike. I thought I wanted the new Cervelo One. But then I went to Demerly's site and read about the Felt S32.

I have a road bike that works fine for me and have bike lust for a dedicated tri-bike.

Now I just don't know at all which I should shoot for, that is of course if either bike 'fits' me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

John
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo One or Felt S32 or....? [canneberra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the new cervelo one is only about 1000 dollars and is a screamer deal but at the same time I think that you couldn't go wrong with either one of them.

If you are willing to spend the dough on a S32 (I think around 1200) you might consider going with a used bike... the 1200 range you can usually find the good deals

good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll beat Tom to the punch on this one and recommend that you get the one that fits you best (try them out!) since there are some big differences in the bikes. I believe that the Felt has a steeper seat tube (78 degrees vs 75) than the Cervelo. Also, the Cervelo is not available with 650 wheels in anything but the real small size, so if you prefer the small wheels the Felt is the way to go. If you already have a road bike, the Cervelo may not be far off the geometry that you're riding now. I'd also second the idea of looking for a used bike since you might find a deal for a better (ie. P2k or something) that someone is getting rid of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't mind mail order, Supergo has the old Cervelo One for only $1199, which is an absolute steal if you ask me. The old One is more comparable to the Dual than the new One.

dave "wish I had waited 6 months to buy mine" judice
Quote Reply