Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

fit via internet
Quote | Reply
I find these fit analyses based on the posted photos interesting. I could forsee this potentially catching on and quite a number of people bombarding the forum with their likeness.

I am curious, does anyone out there charge for this type of analysis via an e-mailed photo or video clip? It seems like a good idea, 10 minute analysis, $10 or $15 - easy money for somebody who knows what to look for. Any takers? I'll get my digital camera. Tom? cerveloguy?

dave "just another Cervleo riding, forum junkie" judice
Quote Reply
Re: fit via internet [judiced] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, not a bad idea. The potential and technology for this exists. That's interesting. I would be concerned that people felt they got commensurate value for their money. I wonder what people's expectations would be? Also, as I've harped on so many times, I have time being able to do it from a still photo. Cerveloguy actually seems to do a better job from a still photo. I'm impressed by that.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it could be done from a photo or better yet, a video just as long as your expectations were only to put you into the general ballpark. I don't think that it could be a true substitute for getting an in the shop evaluation. However, some people are likely in my position living in a rural area. I would have to drive three hours to the nearest tri bike fitter in a large urban area. This forced me to use the internet to learn about bike fit as a matter of necessity. If such a service as you describe had existed at the time then I certainly would have used it.
Quote Reply
Re: fit via internet [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
video is a good idea. walk around the rider from one profile to a front view to the other profile. I'd pay $10-$20 for that. To C'Guy that's like what, 50 loonies?
Quote Reply
Re: fit via internet [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YES! See, this is where I'm stuck at the moment. I love the way my bike rides, but, I don't think it is the best for tt's and tri's. It's an excellent compromise, though...however, it IS a road geometry bike, and although I've tinkered with it geometrically, I'm just not sure that I wouldn't be better fit on something even more forward. There's really no way to know, other than to try out the different bikes (nearly impossible to do several 40K tt's to compare them), or rely on an experienced person's evaluation of your style, shape, power, etc. This could help get me off of the fence on whether or not to get a second dedicated forward position bike, or, maybe the one I'm on is where I'd end up being positioned anyway. It's really hard to know.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I approached PK racing for a bike fit about 6 months ago and we were going to do it all via the internet, by taking digital pics and taking measurements that they wanted. He was willing to lower the price, but mainly because it was for my fiancee who is a pro so he was giving a discount based on that...........................When you think about it you could argue that doing it over the internet is more of a hassle thus should be more expensive? Never did do the fit though due to a number of reasons
Quote Reply