Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

any experience with the Timex GPS system??
Quote | Reply
I just got mine and although I don't yet know how to use all the features, I am having trouble getting it to pick up the satellite. It usually comes on about 20-30 minutes into a run. The batteries are new, I wear the strap on my arm over my shirt, it has "a clear view of the sky", etc. Once it picks up it is right on for pace, etc. Any thoughts on getting it to work better??
Quote Reply
Re: any experience with the Timex GPS system?? [chip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only times I've had problems with mine is when I was in areas with a lot of very trees. Also I usually wait for it to pick up the signal before starting a run. After the first time, it should be less than 10 seconds. I've found that if I start running it takes longer, but no where near 20 minutes.

Marcel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was supposed to get a sample by now from our local Timex rep but haven't received it yet. I've been promising a review but don't have the unit yet. Hey, Scott!..........

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chip - Do you turn it on inside? I have noticed that it takes a lot longer to track when I do that. You might try taking the batteries out and leaving them out overnight (like a digital camera), reinstallling the batteries and then turning it on outside with a clear view. The initial start may take a while but after that you should be good to go.
Quote Reply
Re: any experience with the Timex GPS system?? [JKW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a matter of fact I HAVE been turning the receiver on indoors, then stepping outside and waiting for it to connect. that's a great tip...will try it out next time and let everyone know. thanks!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If turning it on outside doesn't help... try removing the batteries...then re-set the satellite sync that is done the very first time you use the Timex S+D. If you never set this...that could be problem. Read the manual to see how (or, if it can be done) this is done.

Mine takes about 2-3 minute to get in sync. If I'm moving it can take up to 10+ min. You can't be moving while it is syncing. Also, a bad set of batteries can make the device not sync... I bought a bad set of batteries once.

Joe Moya
Quote Reply