Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another fit picture evaluation
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I am new at this forum and here is a picture of me on my new bike:

http://home.swipnet.se/...trainer_sida_new.jpg

Any comments on the fit?

We don't really have very many places i Sweden where you can go to get fitted so I thought that I would ask for comments here.

Can't wait until the snow melts here!!
See you
/Andreas
Quote Reply
Re: Another fit picture evaluation [swedenandreas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hej Andreas,

First please give us some more info. Is the seat post in the back 74 degree position or the forward 78 degree position or where? Are there still spacers that can be removed from the headtube/cowbars. Can't tell from the photo.

It looks like you could certainly get more aero on a P2K than this which makes me think that perhaps you're riding in the more shallow seat post position which is fine on a P2K if you mostly ride in a hilly area. A friend of mine rides his P2K shallow always because it suits him better this way. Also check your seat height. An approximate would be to measure your inseam standing in sock feet with a book under your crotch. Have a friend measure from the floor to the top of the book. Now multiply this by .883. Use this new measurment to get your seat height from the center of the bottom braket to the top of the seat. Do this first and let's go from there.

If your seat turns out to be low and you were in the shallow position, turn the seat post to the steeper position putting you more forward in a steeper angle. Now drop a couple of spacers from under the bullhorns to lower them. Do you have long femurs in relation to your lower leg or shorter? If longer then slide your seat back slightly. Have a friend drop a plumbline from the front of your knee in that same three o'clock position, with long femurs your plumb line should be slightly behing the pedal pivot center. If shorter femurs adjust the saddle foreward to put the knee just in front of the pedal pivot. If the same length then center the plumbline thru the pedal pivot again by adjusting the seat foreward/backward.

What 'm trying to do is put you into a more aero position on the P2K. However, this doesn't work for everyone. Go with what feels more comfortable to you when spring comes and you can field test.

Let us know how it goes. Vis ses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You obviously have waaaayyy to many wheels in that little room. Could be a problem.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Again, hats off to cerveloguy for making some insightful observations and then taking the time to articulate them. Man, it is so frustrating to try to do this without seeing (and hearing) someone pedal. About all I can tell is this:

1. The frame seems to be about the right size.

2. There is something wrong: Reach looks too long, Torso looks high, but maybe not too high (?). Proximity of the pelvis over the bottom bracket doesn't look right. I think it needs some refinement. I do like the sailboat though, and you appear to be very well organized.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Another fit picture evaluation [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Reach looks too long"

It looks that way to me also. That's why I was wondering if the seat was set shallow which would give that stretched out look. Or could the aero bars be a size too big? So hard to tell from a picture.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, I know what you mean about seeing someone pedal, but hearing? Am I assuming correctly you are listening for the vvvvv.....vvvvv.....vvvvv.....vvvvv.....vvvvv oscillations or chain rub noise at the front der. caused by a jerky pedal stroke? Curious. Educate me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm concerned about the placement of that sailboat. It looks kind of like.... no, that's impossible.
Quote Reply
Re: Another fit picture evaluation [danielito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm concerned about the placement of that sailboat. It looks kind of like.... no, that's impossible.
No wonder you are looking for a more comfortable seat!

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Re: Another fit picture evaluation [danielito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, yes, pulling the boat out of his butt would improve things.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the useful feedback. I will especially consider the wheels and boat suggestions :-)

I have the seatpost back in the 74 degree position but the saddle is as far forward as it can be. There are still spacers that can be removed from the headtube, about 1,5 inches.

I'm very grateful for your input and will try some changes. More pictures will come... (Propably without a sailboat, but(t) it seemed like a good idea at the time!)

Thanks again
/Andreas
Quote Reply