Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New ride
Quote | Reply
I have a dilemma over purchasing a new tri-bike. I have decided to get a P3. My dilemma is with where I am possibly purchasing my new ride. One of my best friends has offered to give me a deal on this bike since I purchase so much stuff from his shop and we ride a lot together. Problem is that they are a store that carries bikes but I don't think they do the fitting properly. I have become paranoid over proper fit from spending so much time on this board. So, do I send my measurements to Cervelo and have them tell me the best size ride? Then, take the bike to a good fitter? This is my current plan but wanted to get some opinions. I would be saving more than the $100 someone would charge me for a fit. The closest tri-shop to me that carries Cervelo is an hour and a half away and I have heard negative comments on the resident fit expert (even from one of his sponsored riders). Thanks!!!

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: New ride [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take your appropriate measurements and email Gerard at Cervelo as to what what size frame is best for you. Then buy the bike from your friend if it's that much cheaper. You can always take it elsewhere for a fitting if you're unsure about your friend.

Bike fitting is not that difficult once you research and understand it. It takes time to do this but there is no need to be paranoid about it. The people that do professional bike fit properly are not gods or have mystical powers. It's just a matter of applying common sense and logic.
Quote Reply